St Germain Bistro and Cafe

787-725-5830

156 Sol St, San Juan (at Cruz St), San Juan, Puerto Rico

Serves meat, vegan options available. Located in Old San Juan off the beaten path in a residential area. Serves slow foods with fresh ingredients, many of which are bought daily at the farmer's market, prepared to order. Has vegan choices. Crepe and wine night 6-11pm. Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-3:30pm, 6:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 10:00am-3:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by mmeghani

Great little spot in Old San Juan - Edit

We checked HC for the closest veg-friendly restaurant from El Morro and St Germain was it. It is a quaint little place with nice decor and amazing natural light in the middle of a residential area in San Juan. The menu has quite a few veg options but nothing denotes specifically as vegan. We were able to come up with our order though, an avocado, lettuce and tomato sandwich for Monica and a spinach mushroom pepper pizza for myself with no cheese.

My mistake was not reading the fact that my pizza had no sauce or olive oil or anything so it was very dry. Luckily the flavor made up for it, but if you plan to try one of their pizzas, make sure the bread has some sort of sauce.

My wife enjoyed her sandwich and we both enjoyed the fresh guacamole and refreshing sangrias!

Pros: great atmosphere, friendly staff, will accommodate veg, just ask

Cons: vegan options not denoted - so ask

yum - Edit

Had an amazing vegan sandwich here along with vegan chickpea salad. There were several vegan options on the menu.

Pros: great prices, several vegan options

Good vegetarian options - Edit

Good Old San Juan restaurant with vegetarian options & nice non alcoholic drinks. We had a lunch combination. Service is quick. Food is good. Prices reasonable. Great place for lunch but also open for dinner.

Pros: Casual, Good for lunch, Good vegetarian & non alcoholic options

Cons: Limited seating

Return to San Juan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has St Germain Bistro and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.