CLOSED: Sri Garuda Vilas

770-997-9000

3380 Holcomb Bridge Rd Ste 7A, Norcross, Georgia, USA, 30092

South Indian vegetarian restaurant in Corner's Court Shopping Center. Makes food onsite. Has samosas, masala dosa, soups, dipping sauces, and more. Kitchen breaks from 2-5pm. Reported closed, Oct 2017.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Take-out

First Review by Michael B

Home Cookin' - Edit

I am a regular visitor of Garuda Vilas and I enjoy their food, particularly for the following reasons:
1. The food is 100% vegetarian and is really tasty
2. The food preparation is not industrialized - not mass-produced. In fact, food at Garuda Vilas is made to order, in most cases, and in some cases, perhaps, made in small batches - such as small batches of batter, chutney, etc
3. The food is not adulterated with taste enhancers
4. Garuda Vilas has a comfortable atmosphere
5. The food at Garuda Vilas is very much like how home-cooked food is, particularly in Southern India
6. I love the simplicity of the place - I am not looking for ambiance, but looking for Home Cookin'
7. If my mother, who was a great cook, were around today, I would take her to dine at Garuda Vilas

The owners may want to consider the following as future enhancements:
1. Please use reusable silverware, cups and plates, etc. - environmentally friendly and feels good to eat on real plates
2. Not telecast programs on the Television - at least for me, it is not fun to eat while watching TV

I recommend this place wholeheartedly and wish them lots of success.

Chandra E
greencomotion.com

Pros: Pure Vegetarian Food, Made to order, not mass-produced, Home Cookin'

food was delicious; decor was lacking - Edit

While the decor of this restaurant needs improvement, my wife and I enjoyed the food tremendously. Everything is made on site, and so the food tastes so much better than many other Indian restaurants. It's a vegetarian menu, but you won't leave hungry. The 2 Samosas for $3.30 were not doughy like others and the filling had great flavor. The Masala Dosa were not doughy and had some flavorful spices added. The dipping sauces and the soup for rounded out my wife's meal ($5.30). My Uttapam with cheese, onion and tomato also came with dipping sauces and soup ($6.30) had a familiar omelette feel, and hit just the right spot on my tongue and in my tummy. The styrofoam plates are a disappointment, but I'll overlook it if the kitchen keeps making great food.

Return to Norcross Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sri Garuda Vilas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.