First Review by Krsnamayi

Great South Indian food - Edit

Agree with the previous reviewer regarding the price and the deceptively filling thali. It is inexpensive here but isn't as cheap as it could be so I don't think it's a one carrot place. I had the set thali for 179 baht - really tasty, fresh and extremely filling with a great selection of subji, soups and a sweet including breads and rice - would recommend this if you go here. It's a very humble place, mom and pop style set up, just two tile-floored rooms separated by white-washed walls and a tv playing in the corner. So although the food was great, it could be a little cheaper considering the setting. Anyway, I'll be back for sure - a really nice little find in the busy Sukhumvit area of Bangkok.

Pros: Authentic South Indian food, Filling and tasty

Cons: Service/setting could be improved

simple surprise - Edit

Sri Ganesh restaurant is a simple place. The decor is not fancy, and the meals are served in a simple manner, but the food is great.

It definately isn't a one carrot place, dishes range from 60-100 bhat, with a Thali for 150, plus 10% service charge.

We opted for the Thali, or set indian meal, which consisted of rice, 3 different vegetable preperations, sambar (south indian soup), rasam (another type of south indian soup), yogurt, chutney, pickle, one chappati, one pappadam, and a sweet. The servings of the dishes seemed ridiculously small, and we were a little disappointed up it's arrival...but it was very deceiving. I couldn't even finish my meal, and gave the rest of mine to my huge husband who walked out seriously full.

I definately would return again.

Pros: quiet, very tasty authentic Indian food, real indian cooks

Cons: 10% service charge , no ambience

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sri Ganesh Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.