First Review by mschamle

Good for vegetarians, not so great for vegans - Edit

The food is good and indeed all vegetarian, but they do not really have more vegan options than your average non-vegetarian Indian restaurant. The interior might not be everyones taste: all the neon lights and mirrors do not make is exactly cosy. But hey, it is certainly worth a visit anyway.

disappointing - Edit

We booked a table in advance for 8 people but the staff was not prepared for us. They were very friendly but we waited more than an hour to even receive our drinks. Then about another hour before the food came out. They didn't serve us simultaneously and forgot starters, brought sides only at the end, etc. The food was decent but not great. I wouldn't go back here. It was WAY too slow.

Pros: friendly, albeit slow, staff , good sized portions

Cons: extremely slow service, mediocre food, complicated, not easy to understand menu

Great Food, Vegan Too! - Edit

We really enjoyed having lunch at Sri Ganesh, so much that we came back for dinner!
They had a great variety of dishes on the menu, and the sweet waitress was kind enough to help us figure out what was suitable for vegans (because the menu doesn't explain about the dishes, only lists their indian names). There were definitely many vegan dishes, and they were very good!
We also had some drinks, which were made there and were very good, too.
The prices were reasonable, and the service was good.
All in all, it was a very good experience, and we'd certainly come back if we happen to be in Eindhoven again.

Pros: Excellent food, friendly staff, good portions

Cons: Difficult menu

NOT SUITABLE FOR VEGANS - Edit

I was very excited to eat there, but when I got there and asked if they could recommend dishes for vegans the waiter (who confirmed this with the cook) said that the ghee is butter, not vegetable based as is often the case

Pros: Looked great, Sikhs and Hindus eating there, There is no other open veg restaurant

Cons: NOT VEGAN

Great indian place - Edit

I have been to Sri Ganesh two times in the last few months, and I absolutely love the food. I am a huge fan of the Indian kitchen, so they had to live up to my expectations. And they do. I will definitely go there more often.

Only two remarks: The last time it took some time before the food was served, and it wasn't spicy even though I asked them to add more spice in it.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food

Cons: Waiting time, Not spicy enough

Very good Indian restaurant - Edit

For us, local veggies, it was great to find Sri Ganesh a few years ago here in Eindhoven.
The restaurant looks a bit like a plastic covered Italian icecream salon; we really had to ignore that when entering for the first time. But when you get your food, it is heavenly! Really this is the best Indian restaurant in Eindhoven, and the most low-priced too. I have to say that serving out the various dishes to the guests is a bit 'messy': it may happen that you get your dish and your table mate gets hers fifteen minutes later. But that only guarantees that everything was prepared freshly. Really: this is a great restaurant for vegetarians and others alike!

Pros: Great food, low priced, friendly service

Cons: dishes not really served simultaneously, strange decor

Good Indian Veggie Food in Eindhoven - Edit

Southern Indian food, very friendly, clean and smart. 5 to 10 mins walk from the centre of Eindhoven. Prices are fair, food and service were very good. After 2 visits I think I'll give it 8/10 - I would not be surprised if on another visit I gave it 10/10.

hey do take away too, which was great for me, I took a couple of Samosas for next days luch, they were great.

Best Indian Food I've had in the Netherlands - Edit

Sri Ganesh serves excellent authentic vegetarian Indian food and their south Indian dishes are great! Best dosas I've had since visiting Kerala.

Only downsides I can think of that their service has been ocasionally slow. The prices may be a bit high for the cafe style atmosphere but the food more than makes up for it.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly

Cons: Service can be slow, A bit pricey

Return to Eindhoven Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sri Ganesh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3165 times since Jul 2010.