Sri Dosa Place

( 1 review )
732-218-5138

271 State Rte 27, Iselin, New Jersey, USA, 08830

A casual South Indian vegetarian restaurant; all items can be made vegan (without ghee, yogurt, butter). All you can eat dosas on Mondays. Small parking lot. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Catering

1 Review

First Review by SavoyTruffle

Delicious, but I think the oil was rancid - Edit

This was soooo delicious. We ordered samosas, spinach pakoras, idli, and masala idli (which is chopped up idli tossed with spices & vegetables). Everything was excellent but my favorite was the masala idli.

There is a big pot of sambar in the dining room and everyone helps themselves. Free-flowing sambar!

This was really yummy, but a few hours after eating all this food, I felt ill in a way that always happens when I eat rancid oil. If the oil was rancid, it was only slightly rancid because nothing tasted rancid.

Some of the food comes on reusable plates, but some of it - like the bowls for the sambar - are styrofoam. And I was disappointed in the plastic forks & spoons.

I would definitely be willing to go again and give it another try, but I would bring my own metal forks & spoons!

Pros: delicious, affordable, south Indian

Cons: styrofoam , plastic spoons

Return to Iselin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sri Dosa Place closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.