Squeeze In

530-587-9814

10060 Donner Pass Rd B, Truckee, California, USA, 96161

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small, quirky breakfast and lunch place. Menu has a vegan section plus marked vegetarian options.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by ivan420

Friendly staff but greasy food - Edit

Te staff is superfriendly and the portions huge. It was nice to have a menu with vegan options while spending the weekend in the area.

BUT the food was super greasy.

I guess it’s ok if you’re hungry, but not really the best option if your looking for a nice meal.

Fun Atmosphere, Disappointing Food - Edit

We were visiting Truckee for the holidays and were excited to see so many delicious-looking vegan options on the menu here! It's a cute place with super friendly staff and a cozy atmosphere (it is incredibly small). We ordered the Spudz, burrito, and burger off the vegan menu. The food came quite quickly and were hefty servings. Everything was okay, but not amazing. The burrito was the most disappointing, as it lacked any seasoning whatsoever. It also came with a large side of plain iceberg lettuce, for some reason. The Spudz were the most tasty dish we got, and were loaded with veggies. It was less of a scramble and more of a saute, though. Probably wouldn't go again, though we were happy the vegan options existed at all.

Pros: Friendly and fast service, fun ambiance, local spo

Cons: Busy, mediocre food, expensive.

No complaints! - Edit

This punk-rock/artsy cafe served our party of 6 (3 vegans, 3 non-vegans) well.
There are only 4 vegan entrees on the large brunch/lunch menu, but they all sounded appealing to me. I enjoyed the chilaques & tried my sister's Spudz entree & it was tasty. We also loved the garlic fries (which I got without parmesan).
It would be nice to have more vegan options, but since the 4 they have sound good & we're in Reno (not the most vegan-friendly city), I have no complaints.
P.S. I heard the cocktails are good too, though I only had a delicious glass of grapefruit juice.

Pros: Friendly staff, 4 good vegan entrees, Artsy/punk decor

Vegan breakfast - Edit

Breakfast is often really hard for vegans. Squeeze In has you covered. Tofu scramble, vegan chilaquiles, yum. Your carnivorous friends will be stuffed and satisfied also.

Pros: So many vegan choices you'll want them all., Mimosas., Funky decor.

Cons: Often a long wait, especially weekends in season, Closes at 2., Lives up to its name, you do have to squeeze in

Return to Truckee Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Squeeze In closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.