CLOSED: Sprout's Groceries

• Health Store

Contact 219-921-0488

1505 S S Calumet Rd (at Highway 49), Chesterton, Indiana, USA, 46304

Opened in March 2011, this is a full service vegan and vegetarian grocery store located inside Sawgrass Marketplace. Has a deli, vegan bakery items, major vegan and vegetarian brands including Field Roast, Gardein, Match meats, Moo moo's, Vegetarian Plus, Yves, Tofurkey, Daiya, Ah!laska, Edwards and sons, Frontier, Nana's Cookies, Dandies, Plum baby food, Uptons, and more. Locally owned and operated. twitter.com/sproutgroceries. MAY 2016 REPORTED SHUT. closed Sun-Mon.

First Review by

Wonderful Store - Edit

Sprouts packs all the best veg*n food into a small, well-organized place. If you need a veggie staple, they have it. Great selection of refrigerated and frozen items.

If you're from out of town, this is a great stop. If you're a local, I have to be honest and point out that Wiseway is just across the street and has a pretty good veg*n/organic section as well. I want to support Sprouts all the time but if I'm doing my weekly shopping at Wiseway and I'm in a hurry or am shopping after Sprouts is closed, it's tempting to get your shopping done and pick up your veg*n essentials at Wiseway.

One thing Sprouts could offer that Wiseway doesn't have is high quality fresh, organic fruits and vegetables. Wiseway offers some but the quality is poor and I can never find an organic tomato! You mention there is a great organic farmer in the same building and you don't want to compete with her/him. That's very considerate of you. But maybe you could both do more business if you guys entered into a relationship where she rented out space from you for a nominal fee to sell her produce. Possibly a win-win situation.

Hooray for Sprouts! - Edit

I visited Sprouts today and although its smaller then I thought it would be, I was happy to see that they carry many of my favorite vegan staples! I hope they expand and bring in some produce and more baked goods! Loved it though and I will be back.

Pros: favorite brands, friendly

Cons: small/limited

CHOCOLATE!!!! - Edit

I went to sprouts and bought some vegan chocolate truffles, they were amazing!!! I can't wait to go buy more!!!

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff

Return to Chesterton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sprout's Groceries closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1411 times since Mar 2011.