First Review by jaultman

More and More Fresh Organic Produce - Edit

~ This review is only for Callaghan @ I-10 location. ~

For many years, we shopped at Sprouts only when we needed specific items like shampoo, toothpaste, Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap, frozen fruit or boxed cereal. We still buy those and plenty of other things there, too.

Their biggest flaw for us was that they had a decent sized produce department, however only a very tiny organic section, often overpriced and not too fresh.

That has changed! A couple years ago, they remodeled and expanded this store.

One thing that's upgraded is their produce department. It offers much more fresh, organic produce at very reasonable prices. We rely on it now.

They even have an olive bar. My husband often buys fresh baked bread in their bakery department. Many other high quality products we buy are also now more reasonably priced and regularly available at Sprouts.

I love that they carry two of my absolute favorite brands of vegan, non-toxic personal care products: Pacifica make-up and Mineral Fusions nail polishes. I always head over there first when I go to Sprouts, just to see what's new.

Sprouts now sells eggs from some producers who pasture their hens. And they carry Honest Kitchen dog food. When it's on sale, we stock up!

Happy to shop at this Sprouts pretty often now!

(Unleashed - part of Petco - next door is handy, too. We pick up kitty litter and sometimes emergency pet food for our companion animals.)

Pros: Fresh organic produce at great prices

Cons: Sorry to say that bulk items are still not organic

Over Priced, Very Poor Customer Service - Edit

You can do a lot better than Sprouts Farmers Market (San Antonio). This review primarily pertains to its store on Callaghan Rd., but it might as well apply to each of its San Antonio locations. Although the produce and homeopathic selection is decent, the customer services is awful for a business charging a premium on organic foods. We went there today for the last time. My advice: Go someplace else for your organic foods. Sprouts isn't worth it, especially when you have to deal with unfriendly and unhelpful store employees.

Pros: decent produce, decent homeopathics

Cons: terrible customer service

Return to San Antonio Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sprouts Farmers Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.