Sprout's Farmers Market

• Health-food-store Health Store
760-726-7274

471 College Blvd Ste 1, Oceanside, California, USA, 92057

Part of market chain that offers both conventional as well some natural food and products including vitamins, bulk, fresh fruit and vegetable, organic food, soy products, organic beer and wine, vegan make-up and hair products, etc. The deli, however, is mostly meat and dairy stuff. Previously Henry's Market. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm.

First Review by mrshmtaylor

A mix of conventional with more natural - Edit

Saw this market listed on happycow and stopped by to grab some snacks and quick lunch food from the deli, April 2013. Here's my Sprouts Farmers Market review.

This used to be a Henry's Marketplace, a small chain in the So. Cal area, before it was bought by Sprouts. While I appreciate that it carries a good amount of healthier and more natural products (albeit produced by the big brands), the deli and bakery area is mostly serving conventional and non-veg food. In fact, the deli is mostly meat.

We were able to find a veggie brown rice sushi rolls. There's also a small section in the produce for organic fresh produce.

I surmise that the demand for vegan and vegetarian and organic food in Oceanside is lower than in Los Angeles, looking at the very few numbers of veg-friendly listings on HappyCow for this area. Nonetheless it's still a breath of fresh air to be able to find some healthier natural products here at Sprouts.

Convenient - Edit

This store is very convenient because there is so many locations. They keep a good selections of foods but the prices are not very competitive. Each time I've visited this particular location I have noticed the employees are not very knowledgeable of the products they carry. Finding something as simple as nutritional yeast took close to 20 minutes because nobody knew where it was and did not know there was a difference between brewers yeast and nutritional yeast. I shop here on occasion.

Pros: Convenient, Local, Fairly Priced

Cons: Employees unfamiliar with products

Clean and Cozy little Market :) - Edit

I've recently moved from Atlanta, GA to Camp Pendleton, CA. I was spoiled with Harry's Whole Foods Market in Roswell, GA, it's huge! I really like Henry's Farmers Market in Oceanside. It's a clean store with a good selection of foods (The basics if you're familiar with organic eating). I especially love that they offer bulk items such as nuts, grains and flours. They also offer some bulk spices which is great when your lifestyle requires you to be creative. I think that you'll enjoy this market.

Pros: Clean, excellent fresh made foods, healthy basic options

Cons: small store/ variety, limited soy alternatives

Return to Oceanside Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sprout's Farmers Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.