Sprout Lifestyle Cafe - Shaanxi

Contact 131-66001821

388 Shaanxi Nan Lu, Shanghai, China, 200031

Serves meat, vegan options available. Another branch of Sprout, with store on the first floor, cafe and cooking studio on the second floor. Focus is on whole foods, plant based, and mostly veg. Has salads, nut milks, smoothies, raw desserts. Open Mon-Sun 9:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SP

Happy Buddha upstairs is AMAZING! - Edit

The menu is absolutely amazing, I want to try everything!

I had a delicious big salad and a side of vegan mac n' cheese - which was amazing!

I also had a chocolate pretzel pie was was heaven. It was quite rich though.

They have buy 1 get 1 free burgers on Mondays and all you can eat tacos and ice cream on Tuesday! 6-9pm.

GO EAT THERE!! :D

Pros: Priced well, Amazing menu, Food is DELICIOUS

Cons: Not many tables , Isn't cosy

took a cooking class - Edit

cooking class was interesting and I got a couple good recipes but the teacher is the one that does all the cooking. I'd rather make my own during the class than watch the teacher do it... they have yummy vegan desserts and the curry dish was delicious.. the owner gave off a cold and condescending vibe.. I also ordered from here on Sherpas and the food was terrible after arriving.. the smoothie tasted like water and the curry had an odd taste this time

Pros: A for effort, pretty good location, affordable

Cons: not a very diverse food offering

KimberlyA 23 Jun 2016 - Come again Meowww, we've re-branded and changed the menu to Better Bentos for eat in and delivery. 4 delicious new vegan options, vegan coffees, super foods snacks and more. Which owner was that!?!? are u sure wasn't one of my staff? sincere apologies and i'll look into it.

Great Place for Really Fresh Plant-based Food - Edit

If you find yourself at the Happy Buddha south of here on a Monday and want a great meal ... or another time for that matter, stop by! We had lunch at their old location and this is the first time we've had a chance to come here.

English is spoken, so you needn't worry about ordering. Portions are good sized and the price is reasonable.

Free Wi-Fi to write up your review on Happy Cow!

They advertise: No: MSG, refined sugar, table salt, preservatives, or chemicals in any of their meals, salads, soups or sauces.

Open 9:30AM-9:30PM Mon-Sun

Pros: English spoken, Friendly, responsive service, Reasonable prices and portions

an interesting place - Edit

This is an interesting place with a store on the first floor and a cafe and cooking studio on the second floor.

The first time I went I only had a peanut butter cacao energy ball, which I really liked! The second time I went I tried the curry, which I thought was nothing special. I'll for sure go back to try other things.

Pros: healthy concept, some English spoken

Cons: meat served

2 Responses

SP 29 May 2016 - May 2016: They've changed their concept somewhat... They no longer have a traditional menu, they only have bento boxes, and even then only Monday-Friday.

KimberlyA 23 Jun 2016 - Sure, please come back we have re-branded our cafe as Better Bentos and have a whole new menu :-) 4 delicious vegan options available!

Return to Shanghai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sprout Lifestyle Cafe - Shaanxi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.