First Review by hack_man

vegan spring rolls to die for - Edit

Very good Asian restaurant with good prices and full of Asians which is a good sign. The spring rolls were amazing and there are loads of vege stir frys and dim sum. So, there is meat on the menu but this place is perfect for mixed groups where you could sneak in a vegan meal without anyone even noticing!! English speaking staff too.

Pros: spring rolls, tofu stir fries, quality vs. quality

Cons: weak green tea

Standard Vietnamese, not many vegan choices - Edit

This restaurant is in a busy area and staff are very friendly.

The food however needs to improve. I first ordered the soy protein dish which was extremely salty (cook in love?). I then ordered the fried tofu dish, but it was plain deep fried tofu cubes, without much flavour nor anything else accompanying it, so I must admit I was a bit disappointed.

Maybe I didn't chose my dishes rights but there's a considerable number of Vietnamese and other Asian places to dine in Warsaw and this one does not particularly stand out for flavour nor amount of vegan choices.

From Orchid to Spring Roll - Edit

Having first visited this restarant in 2007 when it was called Orchidea due to its' good veggie choice then, now known as Spring Roll it continues to please as a place for decent vegetarian dining. In late November 2013 we had the delicious miso soup followed by a green and yellow tofu curry plus a bottle of white wine which came to a total of approx 26 GBP. The tofu was sensational and both curries were freshly prepared full of flavour and intensity. There wasn't anyone else dining at the same time as us so I wonder if this place will last but only time will tell. I have seen so many veggie and veg friendly places all across Europe disappear into the distance as they find it difficult to survive. Hopefully, this one will do OK. It's getting three Happy Cows for food and also location being on the same street as fellow Happy Cow listings Green Peas and Green (formerly known as Green Way). If you want something other than a 100% veggie place to go to in Warsaw give this veg friendly one a go. Don't be too concerned if you miss out though.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good food, Good prices

Return to Warsaw Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Spring Roll closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1013 times since Jul 2013.