CLOSED: Spoon Revolution Vegan Bistro

Contact 603-738-4327

55 S Main St, Concord, New Hampshire, USA, 03301

Home-style vegan cooking with emphasis on locally grown, organic ingredients. Special meal plans available. Previously named Rasa's Vegan Kitchen. Confirmed closed, Dec 2014.

Category: Vegan, American, Indian, International, Organic, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by EmilyGRose

Spoon Revolution - Edit

We go to the Spoon when we are in Concord. The host/owner/chef Charles is very personable and being with him is a reason to come here. The restaurant is large and pleasant with an open kitchen. There is a limited menu. There usually are 2 salads, 2 soups, 2 or 3 desserts and 2 entrees. The salads are always fresh and dressing is unusual because it is not basil. He uses lots of other herbs. The hummus is very delicious, not loaded with oil. The soups are all unusual, but yummy. There is a cold and hot soup. All food is gluten free and vegan food. I am not especially fond of the entrees. They often taste like they are reheated casseroles. Broccoli is gray and rice fillings are often gummy.

Pros: Gluten free & vegan, Great soups & salads, Organic if possible

Cons: Entrees just fair

Great option - Edit

Friendly host/waiter/cook greeted us and went over the evening's menu with us. We had to get takeout which he accommodated graciously. Very yummy dosa! I understand the menu changes every day and wish we had time to try more!

Pros: good service, organic and local ingredients

Anniversary Spot - Edit

This place is on the fancier side with very well made food. I've always had vegan options but typically just a few. They change their menu all the time and it's always fresh, healthy, and well executed. It's pricy, so this is more of an anniversary spot for us.

Pros: Healthy, Upscale, Fresh & Local

A blessing - Edit

My first visit today; a beautiful March afternoon. Upon walking in, the restaurant was open (spacial-wise), clean, decorated with a nice touch of local art, and very relaxing.
Two people were working, one of which I would believe to be the owner. They were delightful and friendly.
The menu is simple yet, complete.
What complete meal is available that day changes on a daily basis, so you'll want to check to see what's on the day's menu if you are picky.
Lunch Deal was great. Desert was delicious. The Lasagna was terrific... and consider this: I don't like vegetables.
It's very homely; vibe wise and pace wise - So perhaps do not expect express if you are in a rush. If you have a moment to breath and nourish yourself... then this is the place to do it.

Pros: Excellent Kombucha, Food & Service, Location & Atmosphere

Cons: Kombucha Serving Size

will never go back and I didn't even eat there! - Edit

So I rarely write scathing reviews but I have to say I feel terrible for the owners of this restaurant. it may very well be delicious but I never got to find out and will never return. I went there today not having any clue what to expect. I love veg and vegan foods and was with a friend who is new to it all. firstly they only have ONE CHOICE on the menu. you should know this before going. not a place to go with someone who is new to vegan eating. When I entered the place is really cute and I was happy to be there. I saw the list of food and thought it was the specials board. well, after sitting down and waiting for a bit the waitress came over looking frustrated and told us what was on the list. I asked if we could see a menu... she told us she just told us everything on the menu. I asked inquisitively if that was all they were serving for the day and she said "yes quality not quantity" I looked to my friend who didn't look interested and I have to agree I wasn't loving the ONE option so we gracefully declined and I explained that I wasn't aware that there was only ONE option and that we would be back when we saw a menu item we liked and she angrily and quite rudely turned away saying "your loss not mine". my friend was shocked and said to me "well that was rude" then the waitress turned to me and said "oh was I rude? I'm sorry" with quite the passive aggressive nasty tone. so no we didn't eat there and maybe the waitress was just having a bad day but really??? there was ONE other couple in the restaurant and they were not impressed with her manners either. I strongly suggest the owner find new help. We won't be back on principle alone as we have no need to be treated so poorly.

Pros: pretty place, central conocrd nh, vegan

Cons: RUDE WAITRESS, only one choice for an entree, one choice for appetizer and dessert

Love it! - Edit

Went to the Spoon Revolution last week with my boyfriend and we loved it. The place was cute and homey, with excellent staff. I loved how you could see right into the kitchen. Very open and airy. The food was unbelievable. We decided to get one of each thing of the menu and everything was unique and savory. The meal started with a drink (kambucha), then went to a soup, specialty salad, an entree which is served with a green salad, then the dessert. Each course was amazing. I would recommend anyone, vegan or not vegan, to go and let their tastebuds run wild.

Pros: Great prices, Great food , Friendly staff

False Advertising - Edit

If you're looking for fresh juice this is not the place. Despite what their website says, there is NO Juice Bar. They do offer smoothies, but the OJ they use is from concentrate -- not a healthy option for those allergic to the other option, almond milk.

Also, I arrived at 1:30PM and they were completely out of food! So, I guess if you are going to take the risk in going to this place then you should probably go early.

I hate writing a bad review about a vegan restaurant - as a vegan for over 15 years, I love seeing vegan food becoming more accessible. But, I am very disappointed in this place :(

Pros: Nice space

Cons: No air conditioning

Voted BEST VEGAN CUISINE by Yankee magazine 2012 - Edit

Visited for lunch for the first time today, and was immensely impressed. The husband(cook) and wife(hostess/waitress) are very friendly and nice. Pleasant music plays and tables are dressed with fresh flowers. The four course vegan lunch was scrumptious and satisfying. We HIGHLY recommend this wonderful restaurant. They will begin offering their winter menu next week. Oh, and I eat vegan while my spouse eats omnivore.

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Value, Friendly Staff

Return to Concord Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Spoon Revolution Vegan Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3767 times since Oct 2010.