CLOSED: Spoldzielnia Organic Bar

Beera Meiselsa 11, Krakow, Poland, 31-058

A vegetarian organic lunch bar co-op that supports local farms. Offers take-out wraps, daily specials, and vegan desserts that all follow the philosophy of the five transformations. Drinks include organic fair trade coffee and tea, local beers, and fresh squeezed juices. Modest interior with paper bag lampshades and Manu Chau explaining his bongo upbringing on the speakers. Film screenings in English on Wednesday and live music on weekends. Located near the Kazimierz district. JUL 2015 REPORTED SHUT, FB STATES CHANGED BIZ. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Organic, Fast food, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Polish

First Review by zaqwes

Interesting place - Edit

The place is very interesting- design inside as well as the dishes (f.e. "pizza" with mushrooms on chickpea crusting-EXTREMELY TASTY) and overall atmoshpere- v. eco & v. healthy!
I also had falafel (literally perfect) in a rice wrap (not so tasty- v. salty, spicy). Also tiramisu made of cashews- LOVE.
Everything is 100% vegan. Prices are ok and portions just fine. Looking at the menu (quite battered) I figured out that it changes every month which is pretty nice too. They serve soups, deserts, even vegan ice cream.
Stuff- not so good. Only one lady was there at the time so she had to do everything on her own- we waited a little bit and she was not very helpful. The other day another lady was very friendly so I guess it depends.
Anyway, I fully reccoment this spot!

Pros: food, 100%, tasty & interesting, prices, design, atmosphere

Cons: not a lot of people, stuff...

small choice but still a nice staff - Edit

i was craving for the cake and as ive seen in the internet that spoldzielnia offers only GF and vegan i was hoping for something sweet. too early (12:00) - i was asked to come later as the cake were still in the oven .. 2 h later they were still on their way so i had a baba ganoush soup. nothing special but tasty. there wasnt much choice in the menu and the prices werent cheapest so i didnt decide to get a main course. the place was very empty and a bit dark. yet the staff was trying her best.

Pros: friendly staff, tasty food

Cons: could be cheaper , dark and empty

Quirky place, good food - Edit

Really friendly staff translated their new menu to English for us as they've not printed a new English one yet. Ate a rice and dried cranberry dish served inside red cabbage, whilst my partner had the pumpkin burger. Both were a good size portion for lunch. Also had a strawberry smoothie and a red lemon juice. Total cost for 2 people was 45zl (£9).

Decor was very quirky and fun, tyres for seats, crates for tables, old records for placemats etc.

Pros: Cool decor, Healthy food

Cons: Not the best food ever but trying hard

Good, interesting food - Edit

Didn't manage to get to the actual restaurant, but had take away food from their stall at an event just off the main square. Interesting selection of food - we had some tasty wraps as a snack. This was very welcome as all the other food stalls were very meat focused. Good to see veggie and vegan food represented. Well done! Just wish we had had enough time to go to the restaurant too.

Strongly recommended - Edit

This bar is strongly to recommend! I had a delicious curry with tofu and a hand-made lemonade which were both very satisfying. For dessert I had vegan ice cream which also was quite good. Only the cornet was very disappointing; it was one of the cheapest ones which taste like paper. I'm not even completely sure if it's vegan. Well, probably it was, but anyway: I hope the shop owners will order better cornets in futur. I think this would be appreciated by many guests. It would make a difference, and it wouldn't be much more expensive, I'm sure.
In addition there is to say that there is not much choice on the menu, but for a bar which realize regional food that's absolutely understandable. You don't always have to have a menu with several dishes to choose.

Nice Place - Edit

When I was theren there just happened to be another customer with a big great dane who was the sweetest thing!!!! I loved this dog :) Anyway, the food was amazing, although not the healthiest for sure. I got buckwheat pancakes and cream of celery soup.

Pros: Good food, good atmosphere

Cons: small menu

Tasty food - Edit

I ate samosa, which came with sauerkraut (best I've eaten and I've eaten a lot) and beetroot salads. Food came pretty quickly, and was very tasty. I also got really good black tea. I also liked the pictures on the walls, some not-the-prettiest places with amazing climate.
The only thing which was not amazing was the meat shop on the other side of the street.
I also saw Swedish cider, which I haven't yet seen in Silesia (I don't know whether it's rare in Krakow
Updated from previous review on Wednesday May 22, 2013

Pros: Good food, Nice atmosphere, Good fair - trade tea

Cons: meat shop on the other side of the stree

Return to Krakow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Spoldzielnia Organic Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2828 times since Oct 2012.