Spiral Diner and Bakery

• Friend
Contact 214-948-4747

1101 N Beckley Ave, Dallas, Texas, USA, 75203

Vegan diner and bakery with its first branch in Fort Worth since 2002. Uses mostly organic ingredients and practices green ethics by recycling and using biodegradable takeaway containers & cutlery. Offers vegan pancakes and biscuits on Sunday. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Anisabellydance

Great Vegan food - Edit

At the top of my Vegan places to eat.
Everything is good.
Non-Vegan people are amazed that Vegan is good food.
Great variety.
Unique location and decor.

Pros: Great food, Great staff, Unique decor

Cons: Not easy to find but worth it

Great! - Edit

I've only been here once after getting picked up from the airport in Dallas. The interior was very cute, and the service was good. I had the spinach quesadilla with tofu as my protein. I wasn't a fan of the texture of the tofu but that was my own mistake for ordering it instead of tempeh. The overall flavor was good, it was my first time having vegan cheese and it tasted pretty realistic. My dad got the portabella burger, and said it was good but they used a pretty small mushroom cap compared to what I thought. After lunch, I got a brownie which was the best vegan brownie I've had so far. I look forward to coming back next time I'm in the Dallas area.

great place!! - Edit

My second time this awesome restaurant. First time I took the kahuna burger which was incredible, and yesterday sitting at the bar the guy offered me to take the puttanesca pasta with meatballs, oh man that was amazing!!! Very recommended

Pros: incredible selection of food

Cons: none

Don't wait or hesitate to go - Edit

I have been vegan for 5 years and was turned off by faux meats. My impression was that's all Spiral offered, so never went. It's not the case and my loss for not going back sooner.

Went for brunch and could not get enough of the pancakes with blueberries. What makes them so darn good?!

The staff are great, the atmosphere feels diner authentic and great options.

Pros: all vegan. , relaxed fun atmosphere. , great service.

spiraling to greatness - Edit

Spiral Diner was one of the coolest restaurant experiences we have ever had! The food in both taste and variety was unbelievable. Favourites included vegan spaghetti and meatballs with pineapple and olives, a great burger and homemade tortilla chips with a trio of homemade dips. Outstanding drinks included vegan milkshakes, smoothies and free refills of on tap agave sweetened sodas. Desserts were great as well especially the Star Wars inspired sundae. At the checkout counter there was a well stocked small food shop with KD style boxes of vegan mac and cheese (another trip souvenir stocking stuffer). Spiral Diner was a close second with a near perfect score in our 2014 road trip “Restaurant Wars”. You must go there if you are in Dallas!

Charming place, delucious food! - Edit

Old fashioned diner offers and excellent all vegan menu. We had the quesadillas (spinach and mushroom), chocolate chip cookie, latte and, chai tea. The quesadillas are sure to satisfy everyone so bring your non-vegan friends! We love chai and this one of the better ones we've had. Loved it!

Pros: Not expensive at all.

Cool Place - Edit

Good Food. A lot of fake meat and cheese but you would probably assume that before going. It is a diner after all. The service was great and staff was very friendly. I felt like it was on the expensive side but for me it was worth it because it was 100% vegan and I didn't have to scrutinize the menu for ingredients. I highly recommend the queso. It was delicious. The tiramisu ice cream was so good it was hard to believe it was vegan. There's a lot to choose from and they have breakfast all day. I went with 2 meat eaters and they were completely satisfied. The atmosphere is awesome and I loved the music they played. They also sell some vegan groceries.

Pros: vegan groceries, friendly staff

Cons: expensive, parking isn't great

Favorite Restaurant - Edit

This is by far my favorite restaurant! The food is extremely delicious and I've never had anything that I didn't like. The staff is extremely nice and attentive.

Pros: All menu items are vegan!

Cons: Food is so good their frequently is a line

Vegan Junk Food Fix - Edit

Been out drinking all night? Been out drinking all day? Want to have a drink? This is probably your best go-to place for hangover help, 'middle of getting your drink on' food, or 'need a drink and grub'. Basically a huge assortment of vegan "junk" food. All pretty good looking. Funny experience...we were waited on by the ENTIRE staff (upwards of 6 peeps)...well, perhaps not the kitchen staff, but everyone on front of the house duty visited our table. Got the quesadillas - didn't want them on flour tortillas so they subbed corn. Twas nice of 'em.

BEST NACHOS EVER - Edit

Seriously, this place is fantastic. My husband and I have eaten here a couple of times now, and we absolutely love it! You MUST get the nachos and cheese. You absolutely must. It is positively delicious. I'm also a big fan of their all day lunch plate, which is an awesome meal, especially for WFPB. The quesadilla and seitan tacos are also a stellar choice. Plus, the atmosphere of this place is pretty incredible too. Just saying, it is an awesome looking place, with super friendly and happy staff. I wish I could give them 6 cows.This place is one of my all time favorite restaurants. (NOTE: I have been to both locations,Ft. Worth and Dallas, and both of them are just as stellar as the other one. I've left the same review for both)

Pros: Amazing food, Awesome staff, Best nachos ever

Cons: Honestly, I can't think of one.

Awesome! Especially in Texas!! - Edit

Great diner, huge menu. Hard to decide what to order since it's entirely vegan! My non-veg friend really enjoyed her meal too. Awesome dessert menu, both on the actual menu, as well as the two glass cases with cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, sliced cake, etc. They make their own vegan ice cream which is deliciously creamy. A must visit if you're in Dallas!

Pros: Huge menu, Delicious desserts

Total VEGAN AMERICANA ! - Edit

Spiral is a must for everyone who wants clean, natural, organic, VEGAN food, free of animal contents ! The portions are gigantic and the place is spacious and comfortable. Located in a peaceful setting, the smell of fresh vegan food makes you want to try everything offered on the menu of healthy variety.
Non-pretentious, just honest vegan food with true Southwest flair if you so choose.

Pros: Delicious Vegan, Ample portions, Happy Staff

Return to Dallas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Spiral Diner and Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.