First Review by oleiah

Great Vegan Indian Food - Edit

I had the curry lunch deal and a cocktail, and it was all great. The server was knowledgeable about veganism and offered lentil crackers in lieu of naan. It was all delicious, in a cozy, family-run business atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, family-owned, good food

delicious curry in cute atmosphere - Edit

We ate here twice during our stay near Pacific Beach. The atmosphere and vibe of the restaurant is really cute and sparkly. Authentic colorful lamps, art, candles, pillows, and even a Bollywood movie playing silently on the TV. Service was excellent: the servers were friendly, accommodating, and on point - they always checked back at appropriate times.

The food: delicious! My husband didn't love the vegan Vindaloo curry, but we both loved the vegan Jalfrezzi and the vegan Nirvana curry. Nirvana was super rich with luscious coconut milk. Servings were on the big side. They have a happy hour and deals on appetizers during happy hour.

Staff knows what vegan means, and the menu is clearly labeled. They also mentioned that they could make other dishes vegan if you ask.

Cute little space (and super quiet both times we went) - a great place to take a date or when you're in the mood for rich, tasty curry.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-03

Pros: atmosphere, quality service, tasty food

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Spice Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.