Spice and Dice

410-494-8777

1220 E Joppa Rd Ste 108, Towson, Maryland, USA, 21286

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual place serving Thai cuisine. Menu states that some dishes can be made veg/vegan upon request - you have to ask your server which ones. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 4:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by tcasalena

Great food! - Edit

The owner took time crafting the vegan options so that they closely match the nonvegan versions. In most Thai restaurants you miss that extra tang of the fish sauce. Not at Spice and Dice. I ate through the entire vegan menu trying to find something to eliminate and couldn't. I'm a foodie and this is great food. My only problem is that if my favorite waiters aren't there, the experience is not so good. They get the orders wrong, argue with me about the options I want - to the point that we asked for the waiters schedules. We don't go if they're not there. If the service was consistent with all waiters this would be a five star rating.

Pros: lots of options, excellent quality , delicious

Cons: the wait staff are not equal in their customer ser

Great food - Edit

Been here twice now and have been pleased with the food both times.

Food: 9. I liked what I had my first time so much that I got it the second time I went! I got the happy tofu appetizer (crispy tofu with a sweet and sour type sauce) and pad thai with veggies. The second time I went I tried a dessert, which was the banana dumpling. It wasn't what I think of as a dumpling, but it was darn good!

Prices: 8. Typical prices for a restaurant like that, I think.

Atmosphere: 8. Cute and cozy.

Staff: 6. The first time I went, I don't recall any issues with staff or speed of service. The second time I went was with the Vegan Drinks group, and I was one of the first people to arrive. The place wasn't busy yet, but the waiter was super confused about our group event and seemed very annoyed by us. Then service was super slow, with all the waiters it seemed. I think they just weren't prepared for our big group. When I ordered dessert, I had to ask lik 3 different people, and it took over an hour to get it. I'm thankful that I did not have to pay for it because the guy (the manager?) at the register felt bad about my experience getting it.

Pros: Good vegan options, Tasty food, Cute place

Cons: Vegan options not clearly labled, Staff could be friendlier

Very tasty food - Edit

The "E3 Eggplant with Basil Sauce" made vegan was very good. However, the service was a bit inattentive. I found myself waiting to be seated, waiting to place my order, and would have been waiting for my check if I hadden't walked to the register. The waiter said something strange, "The Masaman Curry cannot be made vegan because it has fish sauce in it." Since the waiter was ESL, I didn't ask how it was listed as a vegetarian candidate.
I will go back.

Pros: Food

Cons: Staff's Understanding of what vegetarian means, Poor wait techniques

very good - Edit

Kinda pricey but the portions are large. Pad Thai made vegan is excellent!

Authentic, casual

Return to Towson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Spice and Dice closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.