Southville Deli

• Health-food-store Health Store
  • ( 7 reviews )

262 North St, Bristol, England, BS3 1JA

Deli and food shop stocking some organic and vegan-friendly options. Has local beers and ciders, chocolates, breads and baked goods, prepared foods and coffee to take away, dry pantry staples, home care products. Open Mon-Fri 08:00-18:30, Sat 08:00-18:00, Sun 10:00-17:00.

First Review by Shockingfish

gltozer

Points +104

31 Dec 2018

Great sandwich range for vegans

I come here often after going to the gym down the road, for their really great sandwiches. Unless it’s late in the day especially on weekends, they’ll almost always have multiple options for vegans, and not just the usual falafel and hummus. Well priced, flapjacks and rocky road, vegan drinks, and a shop with lots of vegan grocery items too

Pros: Lots of range, Always tasty, Fairly priced

KylaJack

Points +257

19 Apr 2018

Vegan tiffin

Nice shop, often have a seriously delicious vegan tiffin on offer !

ClareKnighton

Points +168

08 Jan 2018

My Lunch Location Every Weekday

I literally walk here and back in my lunch break... it's a good half an hour each way but it has to be done because the lunch options are amazing!

Loads of vegan options and I can actually have something different everyday which is a nice change!

Love it!

Pros: Lots of vegan lunch options, Vego bars avaliable

Cons: £4 minimum on card...

KeelyHohmann

Points +19

Vegetarian
07 Jan 2018

I love Southville Deli

The staff are friendly, great options for vegans, the food is ethically produced. Love their sandwiches, their coffee. Can't go wrong.

Guest

05 Sep 2014

Good if not for the Killer Sandwich!

Reasonably priced, lovely products. I did, however, buy a sandwich and found a big and sharp piece of plastic/glass while eating it. I returned to the shop immediately and the staff refunded me straight away. I know accidents happen but it's still unacceptable to find a sharp object like this in your food, someone could have easily choked on it. I would have given 4 stars otherwise.

Pros: OK prices, Nice Interior

Cons: Sharp Object in my Food!

Han_The_Vegan

Points +50

31 Jul 2013

Don't know how I'd survive without this shop!

I literally spend most of my earnings here!

Great selection of Dairy-Free Milk/ Cheese/ Yoghurts, Vegan-Meat Substitutes, Dairy-Free treats & snacks/ Vegan Wine.

Even do coffees to enjoy under the veranda or to takeaway...with Soy Milk, yay! And they have a loyalty card scheme, with like 10th one free or something.

Pros: Ecological- Sell Ecover refills

Cons: Expensive, Staff have been quite rude on occasion

Shockingfish

Points +118

01 Feb 2013

OK - nothing special

They have expanded the shop, but the selection is still at best ok and at worst rather lacking. Not the best health food shop in the world and rather expensive.
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 04, 2009

**UPDATE** Since this review was written they have purchased the shop next door and expanded. There is now a wider range of vegan ambient & chilled foods (but still no frozen). Prices are still very high but it is the only health food shop in the Southville area of Bristol.

Pros: only shop in area selling healthfood ite

Cons: expensive, poor selection of vegan foods, sells meat

Return to Bristol Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Southville Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2062 times.