Souphailins

Contact n/a

Muang Xay, Muang Xay, Laos,

Serves meat, vegan options available. On the side street just before the post office as you face away from the main town, this restaurant offers an extensive menu with plenty of vegetarian and vegan choices plus has shakes and teas. The owner understands the concepts of veg, and they works with local women on organic farms in the community.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Organic, Thai, Western, Beer/Wine, Laotian, Non-veg

First Review by rjmehra

Absolutely must-see! Amazing! - Edit

This lady seriously knows how to cook! Do not miss out on this place when you are here. You must try the pineapple, banana, cashew rice, it is the winner! We also had the fried mixed vegetables, the pad thai, and a banana shake with coconut milk. This place is simply off the charts. Would love to give it 5 stars if happycow let me. Large vegetarian section on the menu and the lady speaks good English so it was easy to order vegan. She makes one dish at a time, my bf and I shared all the dishes so it worked out perfectly for us, everythime we finished a dish the next one was just ready. This restaurant is on the road directly across from the bank (road doesn't show up on google maps but just head to the pinpoint).

Pros: Incredible tasting food, lots of vegan options, am

delicious fresh made food from a lovely lady... - Edit

We had been there for lunch.
The vegan or vegetarian dishes are not marked as those in the menu, but the owner speaks little english and is very helpful. She cooks the dishes all fresh like you want it. The fried rice with banana and pineapple is our favourite, but also the springrolls are very good.

Pros: lovely owner, nice atmosphere, delicious, fresh food

A gem of a place in a dive of a town! - Edit

Souphailins might be hard to find, I stumbled across it by chance and am glad I did.
EASILY the best veggie food in Udomxai.
In fact the only place I could find that had explicitly veggie food here.

It's not just that they have veggie dishes here, it's that they are interesting regional things too you don't come across often.
The fruit shakes were also awesome.

It's run by a solitary old lady who really likes her cooking, she also helps you pronounce the names correctly for fun.

Pros: Great range, Lovely owner

Cons: Hard to find

Return to Muang Xay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Souphailins closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.