CLOSED: Soup to Nuts and Sweet Grass Cafe

• Health Store Health Store

Contact 630-232-6646

716 W State St, Geneva, Illinois, USA, 60134

Natural food store with a cafe inside called Sweet Grass Cafe. Cafe has 6 tables for seating and serves light lunch meals and beverages. Store has an all organic fruit and veggie department in addition to stocking eco-friendly cleaners, vitamins, healthy snacks, cookies, egg replacer, and more. SHUT DOWN NOV 2014 CONFIRMED BY FB. Open .

First Review by condekedar

very expensive, misinformed staff, argumentive - Edit

We went in for lunch, menu shows choice of cow or soy cheese for the quesadilla. we asked for soy. they said they have mozerella. we showed them that the menu says soy option. She blankly said "ya well were out". SO we ordered the veggie wrap (SMALL, hardly any filling in it for almost $8 ). When we took our tkt to the front to pay, we asked if they get product from the shelves. He said yes and I explained how the girl said they were out of veg cheese but they have it in the fridge. He had alot of excuses about the girl being new and how they printed an old menu. The quesadilla was very good. ALSO the man at the counter overheard me ask about vegan pumpkin pies at whole foods (there was a flying at the counter for a baker making pies) he said hers were gluten free but she doesnt make vegan ones. And then proceeded to tell us about turkeys you can order...??????? REALLY ? you are a health food store, everything we ordered and talked about was vegan and you then tell us about "delicious" turkeys that you can order...Its nice to have a nimi cafe there but you get way more selection and much better prices at Fruitful Yield

Pros: has a cafe

Cons: very expensive

Sweet Grass Cafe is The Real Deal - Edit

Was visiting Geneva last weekend and stopped at Sweet Grass Cafe which is inside the Soup to Nuts health food store toward the back. There are about 4 tables & they give you cloth napkins. We were very pleased with the food. Delicious, organic made-to-order juices and smoothies, tasty soups, sandwiches, salads. Homemade hummus was delish. Salads had all kinds of goodies including kale, sun-seeds, etc. Food was fresh, tasty, and well prepared. Service was a little slow but very friendly and accommodating. I recommend it. Too bad only open in daytime. I'd go back! I think Sweet Grass Cafe deserves its own listing as a restaurant on Happy Cow. Reason: I use the iPhone application, VegOut, to find places to eat, and since this is listed as a store instead of a restaurant (because it's in the store), I didn't find it via HappyCow/VegOut. Only found it via word of mouth. Bottom line: good eats!

Pros: tasty & fresh, organic, helpful, friendly staff

Cons: short hours, somewhat hidden location inside store

Decent selection, absurdly high prices - Edit

Soup to Nuts has a decent selection of organic, eco-friendly and vegan packaged foods and bodycare products, but their prices are ridiculously high, even compared to other health food stores. The cafe in the back is spartan and utilitarian with no seating---so if you're just looking for a cup of tea and some sunshine to read, it's best to look elsewhere. It gets points for being in ths suburbs of Chicago, which is not a traditional bastion of vegan-friendly options or earth-friendly supplies.

Pros: Decent selection, Suburban location

Cons: Expensive

Return to Geneva Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Soup to Nuts and Sweet Grass Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 804 times since Dec 2007.