Soup Kitchen

Contact 01612365100

31-33 Spear St (at Oldham St), Manchester, England, M1 1DF

Serves meat, vegan options available. A canteen, bar and live music venue offers vegan menu choices, including a vegan roast on Sundays. Located in the northern quarter. Free Wi-Fi. Encompasses two floors and in addition to live music, also hosts club nights, film nights, comedy events and art exhibitions. Open Mon-Wed 12:00pm-9:00pm, Thu-Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Fri 12:00am-1:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-3:00am, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Beer/Wine, Caribbean, Non-veg

First Review by JoScott

Warm friendly place to grab something to eat in the city centre. - Edit

Hidden away down the side of Travelling Man Comic Book Store. I would have walked right passed if the sandwich board hadn't been out.
Good selection of vegan, soup, sandwiches and specials. Food, a little pricy but I still felt it was good value.

Pros: Lots of well labeled vegan options., Taste, Atmosphere

Cons: Communal seating some benches., Canteen style service counter.

Vegan Options Including Fabulous Cakes - Edit

Soup Kitchen is a really relaxed kind of place, with long bench type communal tables, loads of people coming and going, with blackboards explaining what dishes were available and plenty of vegan options. You order food at the counter, so I opted for a roasted vegetable and houmous sandwich, with a mug of roasted butternut squash and sage soup. Vegan cakes are available and clearly labelled.

Pros: Vegan Options

Peanut Butter Blondie Kitchen - Edit

This place is all about the blondie to me. I'm not sure I can describe how good it is but when we have cake in my office it's always the first to go.

Otherwise the food is good, not great, but really decent for vegan options- normal seems to be around 3 soup, 1 main, 1 sandwich and a few different baked potato toppings. Everything is clearly labelled.

Canteen style but not in a rough around the edges way. It is pretty typical Northern Quarter but it is still chilled and friendly

Flawless Vegan Roast - Edit

I was sceptical of a Jamaican Sunday roast at first, but I really couldn't fault it. Every bite was delicious! Counter service means no waiting time, and worth every penny. Best vegan roast In Manchester, I'm sure I'll be back on a regular basis!

Return to Manchester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Soup Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1112 times since Nov 2014.