Soulshine Cafe

09-4797070

3 Inverness Rd, Browns Bay, Auckland, New Zealand,

Serves meat, vegan options available. As of Jan 2016, offers at least 5 vegan mains and over 5 vegan desserts, many of which are raw. The food is fresh, flavorful and healthy. Lovely spacious cafe with indoor and outdoor dining. A quirky and cute space with a retro vibe yet also with a contemporary feel. Friendly and helpful staff who understands veganism and wants to look after their vegan customers. Just a block down from the beach. Open Tue-Sat 7:30am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Raw, Western, Mediterranean, Mexican, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Yolanda

One of my fav places to eat - Edit

Situated in gorgeous Browns Bay over the bridge in Auckland’s North Shore, the food on offer at Soulshine is well worth the journey out of the city. It is not a vegetarian café yet I found it had far more options for me as a vegan than many NZ vegetarian eateries I have visited.
I ordered at the counter and asked the very helpful server what was suitable for me as a vegan. The menu is on the wall and all vegan options are clearly marked. The server must own the business because she told me her daughter was egg and dairy intolerant and so she really wanted Soulshine to be a place where vegans and others on special diets could come and have a wide range of choices. I applaud her in this as Soulshine has so many vegan options and they were far far more interesting than the usual vegan options offered elsewhere. In fact it was a bit hard to choose because there were 5-6 vegan mains and I really wanted the pancakes but the quesadilla looked amazing too! What to choose? I eventually settled on the corn cakes ($16). This was a brilliant choice as they were just so tasty. They were served with avocado, vegan cheese, veggies and the yummiest salsa. My dining companions had the vegan quesadilla (again served with vegan cheese and veggies) and bagels and were also very happy. We ordered a bowl of wedges to share and these came with a dish of that delicious salsa which was scoffed quickly.
I was too full to order from the range of smoothies and salads but I did treat myself to one of the many raw vegan sweet treats on offer. I choose the nectarine cheesecake ($6.50) which looked and tasted lovely.
After that I didn’t eat again for the rest of the day as the food was very filling. We strolled down a block to the sea and enjoyed the especially beautiful beach.
I travel and eat out a lot in New Zealand and Soulshine is definitely going on my list of ‘must eat’ places when I come to Auckland. I loved it.

Pros: heaps of vegan options, helpful staff, really good food

Cons: not central

Return to Auckland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Soulshine Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.