First Review by beelover

So good! - Edit

I'd been avoiding this place since I'd heard that all they served was "vegan junk food"... I finally checked it out for myself. They had some healthy options on the menu that aren't fried or smothered in ketchup. The seasoned potatoes are really good but give you heartburn something awful later. Their vegan mac and cheese was also delicious. My only complaint is that they have soy in a lot of their offerings and also have a lot of processed foods in their recipes. Otherwise really good!

Pros: Delicious!

Cons: Some junky food, Lots of soy in their food

my favorite. - Edit

The first and last place I'll always go to when in Atlanta! Cornbread can be hard/dry, and the collards can be too salty. But that mac and cheese. And that country bake steak. To. Die. For.

I never had the lack-of-service problems, and the parking problem is easily solved if you are ok to walk 2-3 blocks

Pros: everything is vegan

no ac, terrible service - Edit

After sweltering for awhile with no sign of a server we left. The rating is for the service/location not the food. Also the parking near here is impossible, you have to park far away & walk.

Cons: slow service, no parking, no ac

food meh, service even more meh - Edit

I got the BBQ tofu plate. The tofu was ok - nothing special, it didn't really seem like it was prepared in any special way. The BBQ sauce was really sweet and kind of overpowering. Sweet potatoes were good, the cornbread was terrible. Dry, fell apart when I tried to break off a piece, and it tasted like fish. I didn't even know that was possible.

But the worst part of this place is the service and ambiance. The place is barely decorated, with dirty pop up ceiling tiles, a neon sign, and a random painting of a beach. The woman serving me never made eye contact with me, never said please, thank you, have a nice day.... Nothing. She didn't even take the menu off the table after I ordered. Strangely enough, she was quite friendly with some other patrons, then again rude and dismissive to others.

I won't be back. I have it two stars because I left somewhat full. That is it.

Dayum! - Edit

We travel the entire USA for work, and I can without a doubt say this is one of the best meals I've had. My only regret is that I haven't tried it on previous visits to Atlanta.

Pros: It's delicious!

Cons: Parking can be difficult during busy times.

Been there multiple times! - Edit

Me and my friend go there a couple of times a month. The food is always good and the staff is always nice! The only complaint I have is that it's always super hot in there.

Delicious!!! - Edit

Stopped by for lunch for first time. Ordered the batter dipped cauliflower meal with red velvet cake!! Food was hot and delicious. Comfortable relaxing environment. I will definitely be back!

Pros: great service and food

Cons: no parking area

Righteous Soul Food - Edit

I always get the country fried kalebone, mac 'n' cheez and sweet potatoes when I visit this old favorite. They've got a lot of great items, and all vegan, which is a fantastic relief when eating out vegan. The staff has always been good to me, but for as long as they've been there, I'm surprised they haven't stepped up the atmosphere a little. It could definitely use a tune up.

Pros: Some of the best vegan soul food around, Flavors are slammin

Cons: Seating and decor need attention

You'll LOVE the food! - Edit

Normally, I would have photos of what I ordered. This food never had a chance of being around long enough for a photo shoot. Absolutely everything was fabulous! I sampled quite a bit from their menu and was thoroughly please with it all. Parking could be challenging depending on the time of day you visit. But it is definitely worth the effort!

Pros: tasty food, variety, friendly staff

Cons: parking may be a challenge

One of the all-time greats - Edit

I have been eating here since I was a kid - it is the best. Mac and Cheese, kalebone, salads, ginger drink, ice cream, brinc, you name it - everything is delicious and made with love.

Pros: Amazing food, Great service, Calming atmosphere

Best Mac n Cheese I've Ever Had - Edit

I just moved to Atlanta in March of 2015. This is the vegan restaurant that I frequent the most. I recommend getting the Mac n Cheese unless the special is available, which is lasagna.

My only complaint is that they give you this thin straws to drink your vegan milkshakes with. I usually get the mint chocolate chip and the chocolate chips are always getting jammed in the straw.

On Saturday and Sundays I like to get the brunch; tofu scrambler, soysauge, and 2 pancakes. It is so filling and delicious.

If you are visiting Atlanta, then you better stop by Soul Vegetarian in Highland.

Pros: Nice Staff, Good Prices, Great Food

Cons: Thin Straws

Very good food, so-so service and ambience - Edit

I saw this place on a drive through the neighborhood, (but it was on a Monday, when they are closed), and had been looking for a chance to try it out for weeks. The dining room is pretty spartan. The menu is quite varied, and its all vegan nature meant no guessing, which I appreciate. The food was delicious, and the ginger drink was exceptional. Cost is moderate, but not cheap. I will likely return, although this is not a destination restaurant I would send someone to, unless they simply had to try something of this type.

Pros: All vegan, no guessing., Great spices.

Cons: Service is OK, but a notch below many others, Nondescript dining environment, closed Mondays

food with soul - Edit

We had dinner tonight, (pleasantly surprised to find vegan food in Atlanta!)
Excellent bar-b-que seitan with greens & the best Mac & cheese I've ever tasted!
Husband had tofu triangles with yummy carrot salad

Pros: desert was sweet potato pie to die for! smooth & p, Dream Kream butter pecan ice cream

Cons: we don't live in Atlanta & there is not a location

Return to Atlanta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Soul Vegetarian - Highland closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.