Soul Sisters

Contact 707-354-4451

816 N State St, Ukiah, California, USA, 95482

Located at the old Pacos Tacos taco shack across from the Redwood Tree service station. Mostly take-out. Menu is vegan with gluten free options. The soul bowl comes with greens, brown rice, and beans. Has soups, tacos, and other foods. Mon-Sat 11:00am-7:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Soul Food

First Review by levensonpalmer

so much love - Edit

As two vegans, after having spent several days in vegan dessert in the north of california, we spotted the closest vegan diner on Happy Cow in Ukiah. That was it : we drove down more than 200 miles south to Ukiah to have real food again. We not only got this awesome organic, vegan, glutenfree dinner; it was made with so much love, it still gives me goose bumps every time I think of it or tell my friends about it.
Katrina is a real soulsister and knows what she's doing. She fulfilled all our senses with tasty food, big hugs, inspirational talk and a beautiful personality.
Thank you so much. We love you. We will be back some day. In the meanwhile, people : if you are anywhere near Ukiah, go, you will not regret it. Lots of love from Belgium.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 14, 2015

Pros: vegan, organic, glutenfree

Feeds My Soul, thank you Sisters!!!! - Edit

Best place to eat in Ukiah! There is one in Willits too that I haven't been to...
IF more people ate food like this (and demanded food like this with their money) then there would be more (or better) places like this... Outdoor seating may be inconvenient for those wanting to eat out, but for me the lack of poison SALT and the organic food and Loving feel, is just my style - but I'm a "hippy" born in this town, and have higher "standards" than many others in regards to food and drink.. (Alkaline Water is poison hydroxide, Distilled is Natures way)

Please support this place so they can GROW and be able to afford a location more suited to "eating out" in the winter...

If I had money, I'd be an investor thats for sure...!!!!

Pros: Lovely smiling faces, Top quality, organic food, Setting a standard, I wish more would fo

Cons: location not able to have indoor seating, Could use a "list" of ingredients-"menu"

Promising - Edit

I showed up at Soul Sisters craving something sweet. It turns out I had arrived after closing, which is why, they explained, they were out of (vegan) ice cream, but they still had a line and there were people sitting at the tables.

Off hand, I'd say this place seems to be getting a good reception.

I think it needs development. I'm not clear on this but I think it is very new.

My big recommendation would be to post a menu that makes some kind of sense, with prices. What they have now is essentially a list of ingredients painted on their glass. Second, even on a Tuesday, when I showed up, the fact they still have a line at closing time suggests they could extend their hours--at least during the summer (there's no indoor seating, so winter will be an entirely different story).

I left with some small strawberry chocolate cupcakes which were delightful. At $6.00 for four of them, the price seemed about right/

I definitely will be returning to see how this place develops.

Pros: just right on a summer evening, good selection, good value

Cons: needs a clearer menu, perhaps closing too early, have to wonder about winter

Splendid! - Edit

My experience here was lovely. The service could not have been friendlier! The food was simple, well-seasoned, generously portioned, and delicious!
We had all kinds of things- quinoa, black-eyed peas, black beans, a creamy mushroom soup that we poured over everything like a sauce, a curry soup, greens, and cornbread.
I loved that the cornbread is gluten-free and everything is vegan. Hurray!!!
We were also given free cupcakes! Isn't that sweet? And they were so cute, with pink frosting...and gluten-free! Yaaay!
I also really love that there is no menu and not so many options. This makes it a lot easier for me!
Really happy with this place, and I'm excited to go back.

Pros: super friendly, generous, straightforward

Cons: lack of seating

Soul Sisters - Edit

My husband and I had a delightful lunch at Soul Sisters yesterday. We were encouraged to sample the various sauces, 3 bean chili and curries and found it a great help in selecting our meal. We chose the "Soul Bowl" with brown/wild rice, black-eyed peas, white and red kidney beans, mixed steamed fresh greens with a delicious mushroom sauce and cornbread. The Sister who served us was wonderfully friendly and helpful. We'll certainly make a point of dining there again during our next visit to Ukiah.

Pros: vegan establishment, delicious food & beverages and samples , happy, smiling, friendly owner served us

Cons: no menu

Phenomenal - Edit

There should be more cows available to award such exceptional people serving such exceptional food in such an exceptional way. My wife's not vegetarian and she enjoyed it even more than I did. After one experience Soul Sisters has become my all time favorite restaurant.

Pros: Fresh, high quality ingredients, Creative, delicious preparation, Best customer service ever

Cons: Location, No menu (ultimately enhances experience), Better seating area would be nice

the best gluten free vegan soul food in California - Edit

Soul Sisters, owned by Sister Wiletta and Sister Catrina is the absolutely best vegan, gluten free soul food I have ever tasted! They have a great variety of delicious choices, including several types of beans, grains and sauces. My favorite dish is the soul bowl with bean varieties, quinoa, greens, covered with their special pepper blend and braggs, and then a side of chicken't with jerk and cilantro cream sauce on top! If you have room (or to go for later), order the cupcakes- delicious treat for those of us looking for something vegan and gluten free. I LOVE Soul Sisters!

What a find - SUPER - Edit

Vegan and Gluten Free. Super BBQ/soul food. The mock chicken and sauce will knock your socks off. The vegan cupcakes and cookies are over the top. Great owners. Really committed to a vegan and vegetarian life style. Just a few blocks off the freeway at the northern end of town. Really worth the little effort to get there. Just south of Low Gap on State Street (the main drag) - west side of the street

Return to Ukiah Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Soul Sisters closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3599 times since Dec 2012.