Soul Sistas

Contact 705-789-6655

68 West Rd, Huntsville, Ontario, Canada, P1H 1L8

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serving fruit smoothies, fresh juices, organic spelt baked goods, sandwiches, salads, wraps, rice bowls, organic fair trade coffee and teas. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-5:00pm, Sat 9:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by moshimoshi

Gem - Edit

Ever since I was a camp councilor in Huntsville, and I stumbled into Soul Sistas on a day off (then tucked just before the bridge, next to the lights downtown) - it has been a place I make sure to hit on every trip. I loved it from the start - before I was a vegetarian, it was just *so* good (a nice dose of healthy, flavorful food as opposed to the decadent and unhealthy camp food I was accustomed to). Now, quite a few years later with a Cottage in the town over, I find myself planning trips into town for this little place (now moved just past downtown - unfortunately, not within walking distance of the stretch - but boy is it worth the drive.) As I mentioned previously, I no longer consume meat or dairy products, and this place, more than ever, is the perfect place for me. With few healthy veg options in Cottage Country - this place isn't just the only option in Huntsville - but it's quite possibly one of the best casual restaurants in the whole town.

Now onto the food. Immediately in my teens I became a "Spicy Buddah Wrap" addict!!! It's... like no wrap you will have ever tasted. Not sure if it's the blend of sweet chili sauce and texture of the rice - or just their amazing homemade hummus - but this spicy badboy is unbelievable. I've tried a few of their other options, all very good, but the Spicy Buddah Wrap is easily my favourite. (For a few summers, they took the wrap OFF their menu - but I for one, would order it anyway - and I suppose a few others too because it is back on their menu)

So if you want a place where you'll get great food, at an affordable price that will satisfy everyone from meat-eaters, health guru's, vegetarians/vegans and food intolerance's alike - visit Soul Sistas. This place is not to be missed!

Pros: Excellent Food, Veg/Gluten-free Options, Friendly Staff

Cons: Not within walking distance of downtown

Accidentally vegetarian? - Edit

We advised the proprietor that we had found her restaurant on HappyCow and she did not know what we were talking about. She was nevertheless friendly, and prepared for us humous wraps for lunch. There were many muffins available, but none was vegan.

Refreshing change... - Edit

I was so happy to find this cafe on a recent trip to the area. They have a nice selction of vegetarian & vegan lunch items, such as rice bowls, wraps, soups and salads. You can get juices & smoothies, organic coffee and they offer soy, rice milks as alternatives to dairy. The food was delicious and healthy, a refreshing change from all the hight fat uninspired normal restaurant fare in the area. If they were opened for dinner, I would have eaten all my meals there.

Pros: vegan options, healthy, delicious

Cons: no vegan deserts, not open for dinner

Return to Huntsville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Soul Sistas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1395 times since Jul 2009.