Soul Burger - Newtown

n/a

229 King St, Newtown, New South Wales, 2042

The 4th branch of this plant-based burger restaurant, opened Mar 2018. Features vegan burgers that taste more like backyard BBQ style than fast food restaurant style. Patty varieties include faux fish, spicy sausage, falafel, chickpea & mushroom. Offers coconut-based milkshakes, chips seasoned with hint of rosemary, and Young Henrys flowing on tap. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Australian

First Review by economydreams

Bland Fish / Portobello Burgers - Edit

The type of bland burger you’d expect from a suburban corner shop, but disguised by a hipster facade. It wasn’t horrible but it wasn’t worth $14 (just for the burger). You can find a lot of great meals in Newtown for $14 (including great burgers). If I was trying to convince my carnivore friends that vegetarian/vegan food isn’t as horrible as everyone thinks, this would not be the meal!

Pros: Staff member at the counter was very friendly.

Cons: Expensive for what it is., Bland

Just okay - Edit

I love a good vegan burger and these fell slightly short for me. Flavours didn’t feel refined. Chips had some great flavourings and were cooked to perfection.

“The best burger I’ve ever eaten” - our omni friend - Edit

I’ve followed Soul Burger on instagram for two years and was so excited to finally get the chance to eat there.
I really enjoyed the food! I like how it straddles the line between proper vegan junk food and something that’s a little lighter. I had the BBQ Beef and Soul B Fries. The portion of fries is huge so you might want to share with other people!
If you download their app you can also get $10 off which is a really good deal!
We took our omni friend here and he declared it the best burger he’s ever eaten...very high praise!

Return to Newtown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Soul Burger - Newtown closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.