Sopa Thai Cuisine

530-470-0101

312-316 Commercial St, Nevada City, California, USA, 95959

Serves meat, vegan options available. You can choose tofu and/or veggies for most of the entrees; vegans and vegetarians be sure to request no fish sauce. Lunch and dinner entrees include a variety of rice and noodle dishes, curries and others. Has a number of vegan and vegetarian appetizers and salads for starters as well as fried banana and mango coconut rice for vegan dessert. As of Oct 2016, has one other location (Yuba City). Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, 5:00pm-9:30pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-9:30pm.

Categories: International, Thai, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by alexandra_vegan

adorable and delicious - Edit

Oh my god this is the best Thai food I've ever had, it's an adorable little place to eat, and the staff is all super friendly

Pros: good food, vegan options easy to find , knowledgeable staff

Many Vegetarian Options! - Edit

Fantastic restaurant. Almost every menu option can be ordered vegetarian. The mango curry is delicious as is the sizzling asparagus dish. Fantastic service and great food!

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Staff, Beautiful Patio

Cons: Can get very busy

Not knowledgeable of vegan food - Edit

I tried both Thai restaurants in the area: Sopa Thai and Taste of Thai - I wouldn't recommend Taste of Thai as they serve cruel foods like lamb.
This review is for Sopa Thai Cuisine.
As in most Thai food places for some of the dishes you have to choose from vegetable or meat options, but you need to be careful as they use oyster sauce and some curries are not vegan.
Our waiter was not open to guide us through the menu for the vegan dishes, he just had a condescending smile and I even felt rushed to order.. so we asked for no oyster sauce and hoped the foods will be vegan.
We tried the veganized Pad Thai, Masaman Curry and some appetizers, all on request made without oyster sauce. The food was tasty and fresh.
After our dinner we noticed they were also selling the curry pastes and checked the ingredients; sadly some of them had fish or oyster sauce in them - luckily not the Masaman curry we had just had.
So if you go here, be very careful on what you order and check the curry pastes beforehand.

I'm rating it 2 stars for not being accommodating to vegans and lack of knowledge on vegan food.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-21

Cons: They have no idea what vegan means, Parking hard to find, Sells meat

Return to Nevada City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sopa Thai Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.