Somos Lo Que Comemos

Contact +34673758293

Tunel Aguere, Calle el Juego 14, San Cristobal de La Laguna, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain,

A 100% vegan restaurant situated in a passway near the centre of La Laguna. A few outside tables and many inside. Pleasant atmosphere with much color and paintings on the walls. Run by a couple. Food made-in-house daily using fresh groceries. Changes daily with the exception of salads, vegetable soup and tortillas. Open Mon-Sat 9:30am-10:00pm. Closed Sun.

Category: Vegan, Take-out, Spanish, Canarian

First Review by veganatic

Fantastic and Special Vegan Restaurant - Edit

Myself and my husband were visiting this week from Ireland, for business. We found this wonderful restaurant via google search engine. We came back two evenings in a row as it was so fantastic. The food was exceptional - tasted wonderful. The croquettes, stew with chickpeas and tortilla ... just perfect. The prices are incredibly reasonable. The man who runs the restaurant seemed so nice, authentic and kind. We were delighted that there were animal welfare charity tins on the counter. It was an absolute joy finding this remarkable place.

Pros: Food, Animal Welfare Charity Tins, Owner

Cons: No cons

Los mejores bocadillos Veganos de Seitan y Tortilla - Edit

Es un restaurante familiar con comida casera muy barata, destacan especialmente los bocadillos de Seitan y de Tortilla. Siempre que viajo a Tenerife hago mi parada imprescindible en este local.

Pros: Los bocadillos de Seitan y los de Tortilla., Ubicación en La Laguna., Precios baratos.

Basic but excellent vegan food - Edit

We ate here today; the place is basic with a small menu. We tried some tapas, all was delicious and amazingly cheap. Friendly staff. Well recommended for vegan home cooking.

Pros: good food; cheap

Cons: fairly basic

delicious food with love prepared! - Edit

Last Tuesday I was here for lunch with a group friends from the North of the island; me, vegan, tourist. They, not vegan/vegetarian. But.. They were very enthusiastic , like me
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 04, 2016

Pros: good quality and low price, owners very kind, whole day open , nice atmosphere

nice place for good vegan lunch! - Edit

We tried the place around spanish lunch time (14:30h) and ordered the "menu del día" which basically consists of a bowl of soup, main and a small desert. Everything was quite tasty and one could tell that only fresh ingredients where used. Simple but very, very good! 100% vegan, good energy and value for money! You get the daily menu for EUR 6,50 which is a pretty good deal for the quality of the food. Try!

Pros: nice place, very good food, cheap

Nice little restaurant - Edit

While on holiday on Tenerife I wanted to check out this restaurant and I'm glad I did. Friendly people, a little shy about speaking English but we managed very well in the end. The food was really good and cheap.

Pros: Good food, inexpensive

Good food and a good price - Edit

It was really nice to find this place. The staff was friendly and the food was simple and good. They have the menú del día which included a soup, main dish and a dessert for 6,50€. For breakfast they had really amazing seitan sandwhiches and Spanish-style tortillas along with fresh orange juice.

Pros: Good food, Good price, Nice staff

Finally some vegan Canarian food? - Edit

The restaurant is a little bit hidden, in a pathway very close to the old town of La Laguna.

Seriously, I am amazed by the flavors of the dishes. The owners really have managed to create vegan dishes that really reflect the original Canarian and Spanish flavors.

The restaurant was opened recently, therefore they still are decorating and rearranging things.

I had a really nice chat with one of the owners. He has a lot of good ideas and I love that he's adapting his menu to the seasonal and regional fruits and vegetables. It's more sustainable and that allows him to make prices that everyone can afford. He wants to offer healthy food to everyone.

Pros: ensaladilla rusa, chocolate and fig dessert

Cons: chairs are a little bit uncomfortable

first vegan experience on Tenerife - Edit

I went to have lunch with an omnivore friend just a few days after the opening. The couple who run this place, Soto and Macu, are very nice and helpful with everything. One can really feel that it's like a dream for them to run this small restaurant and create it in their own style. The atmosphere is pleasent, even though it's in a passway which means the outdoor is not so nice. The menu for EUR 6.50 consists of a first plate which was on this day on of two vegetable soups to choose from, a second plate which was again two choices and fruits for desert. The soups were very delicious, we tried both of them, a carrot and a pumpkin soup. Then as a main we had once soya strips in sauce and the other seitan stripes in sauce accompanied by potatoe wedges. It was good, not so inventive though. My non vegan friend liked it though as it was new for her. We shared a spanish tortilla besides that and that was amazing, as it's the first tortilla I eat after being for months in the country! I went another time and ate some sort of stew with chickpeas, seitan and veggies and that was awesome too. I can really recommend the restaurant to vegan and non-vegans alike as the care about good and healthy food and as they progress the menu gets wider and plates more inventive I think.

Pros: inexpensive, vegan alternative, attractive for non-vegans

Cons: lot of soya and wheat products

Return to Tenerife Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Somos Lo Que Comemos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2203 times since Sep 2015.