Something Healthy

Contact 626-301-0096

1014 S Shamrock Ave, Monrovia, California, USA, 91016

Serves meat, vegan options available. Features sandwiches, wraps, and salads. Has a separate, extensive vegetarian menu that includes vegan faux meats like vegan chicken and vegan turkey in the sandwiches and wraps. Open Mon-Fri 10:30am-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by Travelbug

Be careful - Edit

the people there were very nice, but the person preparing the food told me how she felt terrible how one time she prepared a meal for someone who was vegan and it turned out that she served them meat. She prepared My Vegan sandwich, and I left, and when I noticed that the dressing was cloudy, I called to confirm that it was vegan, and it turns out she prepared me a chicken with egg and cheese sandwich! She was very nice, but always be careful at non vegan restaurants! Lesson of the dayI

Hip Cafe with Veg and Vegan menu - Edit

Tried out the Compassion Club (which 10% benefits Compassion Over Killing animal rights organization) which was light and refreshing. Savory vegan pesto sauce (vegan pesto because there's no Parmesan), vegan chicken has a good texture, but the sourdough bread was a little dry.
Oriental salad has a lot more spring mix than your usual salad and the larger sprigs are always more fun to eat. The Asian fusion dressing has a nice sweet and sour kick.

Following the favorite of the cashier, I tried out the Caribbean Jerk Panini which was surprisingly good with a spicy, but not too spicy, sauce accompanied by my first time trying mango salsa. The chicken again was carefully prepared and not too salty or tough as many imitation chickens can be.
My friend ordered Tomato Basil Soup which was a little bland and runny, but improved with croutons.
With no item over $8.15, everything is a great value.

The Decor feels reminiscent of a upscale hotel lounge with sexy chandeliers, subtle black marble tables, ivy embossed moldings, flex plastic green chairs with ivy stamped out, and velveteen fleur-de-lis textured wallpaper.

Notes: It's landmark is 24 hour fitness, off of Huntington Drive, but must go on Shamrock to enter their driveway or you'll be doing circles figuring out how to get in.

Veg out,

Veggie Army
www.VeggieArmy.com

Great food and atmosphere - Edit

I really liked this place. They do serve meat, but look on their web site and they have a completely separate veggie menu. I ordered a full sized sandwich, and added a cesar side salad for only $1.50 more. I don't know if this happens every day, but the guy said that since I was eating in, I could have a bowl of the tomato basil soup for free. Yes please! My whole bill was only $8 and change with tax included. Everything was good and fresh, and I hope to go back there again before I leave town. I liked the atmosphere, and I loved the background music.

Pros: Tasty, Healthy, Good value

Many Vegan Options - Edit

Small cafe with sandwiches, wraps and salads. Friendly atmosphere. They have meat but plenty veg options. On the day I visited they had 5 kinds of vegan sandwiches. I had the presto panini with tomato soup. Very tasty. I will be back
Updated from previous review on Saturday November 02, 2013

Pros: Variety, Quality, Atmosphere

Fabulous! - Edit

Passing through this area I was starving looking for a veg friendly place. I just happened to barely see this place. From the main street it looks like a vitamin store, but it's not. The vitamin place is next door to this cafe. Food was great for veggies and non-veggies alike. They have an extensive menu and outdoor seating.

Pros: inexpensive, good food, outdoor seating

Cons: none

Return to Monrovia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Something Healthy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1024 times since Apr 2012.