Soltan Banoo

Contact 619-298-2801

4645 Park Blvd (at Adams), San Diego, California, USA, 92116

Serves meat, vegan options available. Billed as eclectic Persian cuisine. Some menu salads and small plates are vegan suitable; a few other dishes could be substituted with vegan tofu or veggies - ask.

Category: Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Middle Eastern, Persian, Non-veg

First Review by EncinAdia

Not very vegan friendly - Edit

I think just about the only vegan entree is the veggie kabob. It is decent and fresh, but taste is lacking. The only vegan dessert is a frozen noodle/rosewater dish. I do not recommend, acquired taste. Server extremely friendly. Nice atmosphere.

Pros: Very friendly, Great atmosphere

Cons: Very limited vegan options

A Favorite - Edit

We dine here whenever we head to City Heights area and we are always welcomed like family. Amazing family owned restaurant, delicious food, organic tofu used and they will accommodate everything they can to be vegan. Great prices, large portions, service can be a little slow, so enjoy the al fresco patio and dining experience. Great ambiance and decor, delicious teas and I LOVE the tofu kebab with choice of rice, spicy or sweet, all are amazing!

Pros: amazing staff, delicious food, beautiful decor

Worth traveling all the way from Albany, NY for - Edit

Straight from the Airport to the restaurant… Eating there again on the final day of our San Diego visit and getting extra food for our in-flight meal going home… Looking forward to our next SD trip so we can visit again
Our favorites are Pomegranate Soup (amazing), sambosas, Albaloo Polo and Zereshk Polo... all veg, can be vegan. Great chai and desserts too! Perfect for vegetarians, and their carnivorous friends.

Delish vegan options & fab atmosphere - Edit

They don't have many vegan dishes, but the items they offer are delicious! I was really surprised by how wonderful the vegan wrap tasted...wow! And it was a bargain too! The soup was unique and tasty. Each item that I've tried has been both delicious AND healthy!!

Vegan items are marked on the menu (yea!) and the servers have always been knowledgeable about vegan dietary requirements.

Soltan Banoo has a fantastic patio and is a fabulously unique choice for a date or a birthday dinner with a group of friends!

Pros: Vegan items marked on menu, Fabulous patio/decor, Reasonable prices!

Cons: Parking is miserable

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Soltan Banoo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1240 times since Aug 2007.