Solar - Rio Vermelho

+55-7130129360

Rua Fonte do Boi, 24, Rio Vermelho, Salvador, Brazil

Serves meat, vegan options available. A sophisticated option in vegetarian-restricted Salvador. Many items marked on the menu as vegetarian. On a street with two other veg-friendly restaurants (Ciranga and Manjericao). Open Tue-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Brazilian, Latin American, Non-veg

First Review by kennyp353

Excelente opção para ir com não vegetarianos - Edit

Trata-se de um restaurante comum, porém com excelentes opções vegetarianas. Ideal para frequentar com não adeptos, pois todos saem felizes. Os crepes tem opção de serem feitos com farinha de quinoa.

Great food, wide choice, sophisticated ambience - Edit

What a find this place is. I've stayed in this street several times - the Ibis, Mercure and Pestana are all at the end of it. A Brazilian friend brought me here for a drink, I looked at the menu - and was staggered by seeing perhaps a dozen or more veggie options. And with a full English menu too.

That first visit I had one of the crepes - loved it. My friend had some cheese (described as halloumi in the English menu although it plainly was not) coated in Brazilian breadcrumbs with a sweet chilli sauce - I had this when I returned later as it was so good. I also had the bruschetta trio which was delicious.

One caveat: one of the things on the fish dishes menu is marked as vegetarian. Rest of it seems legit.

Wasn't cheap, but was good value and I enjoyed it hugely. Would definitely return.

Pros: Good food and wide choice, Open late, Great ambience

Cons: None I can think of

Return to Salvador Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Solar - Rio Vermelho closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.