Soho Thai Fusion Bar and Grill

Contact 310-530-7646

2104 Pacific Coast Hwy Ste 3 (at Oak St), Lomita, California, USA, 90717

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant. Has soy meats for substitution, possibly at extra charge, or tofu as well in a few of the dishes. Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:30pm

Category: Thai, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Rambovianesque

Excellent Vegan Thai Options - Edit

I would give this place 5 stars if I could. The food is tasty, filling, and delicious!!! We had the summer rolls with veggie shrimp instead of veggie fish - so fresh and great flavor. We ordered the Buddha's feast with tofu and the pad see ew with soy chicken. Both were excellent...the pad see ew one of the best we ever had. Everything was made vegan and gluten-free for us. The only precaution - if you want to sub soy salmon, they charge and extra $8 and this is not mentioned on the menu. But they told us before our order was out in. We will definitely be back!

Pros: Vegan and Gluten-free soy meats and fish, Lots of options, Excellent food!!!

Cons: A little pricey, No location near me in Las Vegas :(

Good food for all! - Edit

I took two business associates who were meat eaters, and had never had Thai Food. (really? yes, really). Everyone found something they could enjoy on the menu. Love the fact that I could substitute soy chicken and still enjoy some of my favorite foods, and keep my carnivore friends happy as well.

The place was nice, however fairly empty on a Tuesday night. I hope that they are busier other nights so that they are able to stay in business!

Great Vegan Options for the area - Edit

My hubby and I eat here several times a month. There are just about no vegan options in this area except for Whole Foods. If you learn to navigate the menu, you can order a budget-friendly vegan dinner. Our average dinner with wine and beer is only $35 or so. Several of the wait-staff seem knowledgable about vegan diets and have helped us. We typically get a ramen stir-fry with tofu, buckwheat noodles, broccoli and veggies. We always order the Vegan Summer Rolls and yellow curry. One down-side is that many of our frequent diner points don't get acknowledged and we've been going there for the past 3 years. We have yet to receive anything for our patronage. Also, the restaurant is always on the warm side.

Pros: vegan options, beer/wine, no wait

Cons: warm temp, points program

Soho or so NO? - Edit

We had a very unpleasant time there this evening. The prices, for what we got were way out of line. $16 for a few soy shrimp and some oily rice noodles and peanuts.

When we brought the issue to the attention of the management, they showed no interest in our satisfaction, only their own. This despite our having eaten there regularly over the past year.

As it isn't a vegan, or even vegetarian restaurant, I have to recommend bypassing this one. While they may have have some vegetables and mock meats, they don't seem to understand that serving vegans/vegetarians isn't just about making soy look like animal ingredients. There also has to be a sense of fair play, compassion and respect for our lifestyle.

Soho simply doesn't. Dine elsewhere if you can.

Cons: Language Barrier, Prices, Customer Service

Friendly Neighborhood Vegan Joint - Edit

This place is VERY vegan friendly, with many options to substitute meats with mock meats. As the other reviewer below me stated, the staff is very friendly and seemingly thankful for our business. I recommend the cashew soy chicken, the pad thai soy chicken, as well as the vegan pho soup with soy chicken. I guess you can say I really like their soy chicken. The frequent diner program is also very nice, and after numerous trips I received a $25 dollar gift certificate in the mail. This is a perfect place to bring your meat eating friends and let them try some of your "weird vegan foods."

Pros: friendly staff, very quick service, vegan-friendly

Mostly Vegetarian

Contributions +23

A lucky find - Edit

I sent in this restaurant's info to Happy Cow after dining there for a loooong time. I found it by accident on the way to Whole Foods in Torrance. It's not completely veg, but they have a full vegan menu in order for you to customize basically any dish you want with mock meats, as well as choose from special veggie/noodle dishes. The "meats" have all different textures, everything from the basic soy chicken to tofu steak. You can even get mock shrimp, which I've never tried since it freaks me out, but I'm sure some people would love that. I've never seen a regular restaurant cater so much to vegans! Plus, the staff is really sweet, especially to regulars, and they offer a frequent diner program.

Pros: great selection, accepts credit

Return to Lomita Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Soho Thai Fusion Bar and Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1200 times since Oct 2008.