Sohar Magic

( 1 review )
+968-26843438

near Al Hambar St, Sohar, Oman

Indian pure veg coffeeshop and "cha(a)t" house. Specializes in sweets and "farzan" (snacks). Extensive use of dairy, but has a few vegan options which are not labelled. The concept of veganism is not very much known to staff, so vegans need to be very specific. Take-away counter on the outside of the restaurant. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian

1 Review

First Review by Gudrun

Diwali ;-) - Edit

The day I visited this restaurant was not the best day to write a review. I had totally forgotten that it was Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights. All chairs had been removed and all tables were nicely decorated and overloaded with all kinds of beautifully arranged sweets. A paradise for vegetarians (and omnis!).

So, I can't say much about their usual menu. They offered to make me a (vegan) paratha (stuffed flatbread) which I readily accepted. It was nice, but of course nothing special. I had the impression that the staff was not familiar with the concept of veganism, but they did their best to find something for me and they even found a few sweets which were vegan, and those were absolutely delicious.

Everybody was very friendly even when all of a sudden loads of people came in and it became extremely busy. Another place I would love to come back to. I now hope someone else will write a review about their usual dishes and the vegan options, and maybe upload some photos.

Pros: friendly staff, great sweets for vegetarians

Return to Sohar Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sohar Magic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.