Japanese

Cafe serving dishes like 'lunar cycle plate' of taco rice with brown rice, a veggie burger, and more. Uses ingredients like organic brown rice (sobe rice), vegetables, beans, and seaweed. Has English on menu. Formerly served meat but reported fully vegan March 2022. Open Tue-Sun 11:30am-6:00pm. Closed Mon.

Venue map for Sobe's Cafe
© OpenStreetMap contributors

1 Review

First Review by roseinjapan

roseinjapan

Points +3256

13 Dec 2023

Delicious lunch and friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Original Review - April 11, 2022:

This restaurant serves only vegan food, making it easy to order! I got the vegan burger and my husband got the brown rice noodle pho and a side of karaage (fried soy meat). The desserts looked delicious too, but we were quite full from the meal. We also got some non-alcoholic beverages. My husband got the "beer" and I got a ginger soda. The owner was very kind and the shop atmosphere was nice. We got there just before 4:30, so barely in time for the last order. We had the place all to ourselves!

Updated Review - December 13, 2023:

We finally got the chance to go back to Sobe's Cafe! This time, we went as a group so I was able to take photos of lots of different menu items. The menu has changed since the last time I went (1.5 years ago) and everything looked delicious! Of course, everything is still vegan, and in fact they also made changes to accommodate oriental vegans by eliminating onions, etc. from their recipes!

This time, I ordered the apple cheese hamburg steak. The texture and taste were amazing and it was the perfect amount of food for me! My husband got the "unagi" set (tofu kabayaki) and I tried some of his - it was soooo good! The set also came with a drink and dessert - he chose the caramel macchiato and strawberry tart. They were wonderful!

Next time, I want to try their parfait! It looks heavenly! The chefs at this restaurant are highly skilled and all the staff are very friendly. I definitely recommend going here if you are in the area!

Updated from previous review on 2022-04-11

Pros: excellent food, nice owner, staff, nice atmosphere