CLOSED: Asahi

( 1 review )

03-34857785

Case gallery, Court Annex Oyamacho 1F, Oyamacho 18-23, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan, 151-0065

Small handmade soba noodle shop. The owner makes the food and speaks little English. All macrobiotic except for the buckwheat mash/crepe in which rice syrup added to anko. Free Wi-Fi & outlets available. Reservations strongly suggested if coming from abroad. Previously located at 4-32-26 Kitazawa, Setagaya, Aug 2015. NOV 2015 REPORTED SHUT, WEBPAGE GONE.

Categories: Vegan, Japanese, Macrobiotic

1 Review

First Review by MicalLex

Great Soba-Restaurant! - Edit

During our holiday in Japan, my wife and I wanted to try good japanese vegetarian food, but were afraid of secret meat and dashi, especially in noodle-dishes. But the Asahi served really good Soba-Noodle-dishes, without using dashi and mostly (one exception) vegan.
The owner was very nice, although he just spoke little english, he tried his best to explain every menue - and with his efforts and our little japanese we came along well. He had a small handwritten menu-card in english, too.

The place is very small, but it has a cozy atmosphere. It is easy to find from the Higashikitazawa station on the Odakyo local train.

Every dish we tried was delicious, especially the soba in the red soup with cucumber (I forgot the name), and we were even served some sides for free (for example Yudofu).

I would definitely recommend this place to every vegan/vegetarian visiting Tokyo!

Pros: delicious food, nice owner, moderate prices

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Asahi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.