CLOSED: So Good Vegan Cafe

203-431-7858

109 Danbury Rd, Ridgefield, Connecticut, USA, 06877

Vegan cafe opened Feb 2014. Offers made-from-scratch meals using organic and sustainable when possible especially on fruits, soybeans, wheat, and corn. Many allergen-friendly items. Bright interior with large windows. Also has a full bar. July 2014 replaced by Food Evolution, change of owners.

Categories: Vegan, American, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by laurennhenderson

Unexpectedly happened upon this place, thankfully! - Edit

I grew up in CT and was visiting family there over the weekend. My dad and I went for a hike at a state park in Ridgefield, and we were wandering around the town center for lunch afterwards. As a vegan, I assumed I would have to settle for something boring (cheeseless pizza? salad and french fries?), but to my delight I happened upon this ALL VEGAN cafe when I turned a corner! Even though the prices were more than I wanted to spend, how could I not eat there, right?! Here's my usual breakdown of the place:

Food: 8. I had the BBQ soy curls over mac and cheese, which came with jalapeno corn bread and a side salad. It was good, but I've had better mac and cheese, especially from places that are of comparable price and style of food. I really liked the corn bread and the dressing that was on the salad. I noticed that the menu was rather limited. Everything looked pretty good, but there wasn't a whole lot of variety offered.

Price: 6. It's sort of an upscale vegan cafe, though not super fancy. It seemed like a typical entree was around $14-17, if I'm remembering correctly.

Atmosphere: 8. Very cute and cozy. I sat on the patio and really enjoyed that.

Staff: 9. The two staff people who were at the entry area when I came in were very friendly, and they even put up with me ranting on and on about how excited I was to happen upon the place. They were so nice that they offered to let my dad sit with me on the patio with his own food since he didn't want to eat there with me.

Parking was really easy in the area since it's in a shopping plaza.

Pros: All vegan!, Charming atmosphere, Friendly staff

Cons: Limited menu, Somewhat expensive

Amazing vegan restaurant comes to Ridgefield! - Edit

This place is fantastic! There are so few vegan friendly places in the area and here is a restaurant where everything on the menu is 100% vegan! The food is outstanding! They make many of their own nut cheeses, as well as house made multigrain crackers and chips, even ketchup! Ingredients are locally sourced when possible. They also offer many gluten free, nut free, and/or soy-free items all well marked on the menu. Enough good things cannot be said.

Pros: Excellent Food , Nice atmosphere , friendly staff

Return to Ridgefield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: So Good Vegan Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.