CLOSED: 'sNice - West Village

• Vegetarian

Contact 212-645-0310

45 8th Ave (at West Village, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10014

Sandwich shop, cafe, and bakery with a few NY locations. Offers soups, salads, sandwiches, cookies and cupcakes, desserts, milk-less shakes, and more. Child-friendly with toys, books, and board games. No alchohol. Seating is casual, either at communal tables or at little square two-seater tables. Has Wi-Fi. SHUT DOWN MAR 2014, CONFIRMED BY ITS FB PAGE.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Bill K

Just Right for a Casual Meal - Edit

Love this place with it's casual feel, communal tables, good hot drinks, excellent menu choices and delicious food. Highly recommend for a mellow but yummy meal with a friend or solo.

Pros: Great food, Quick, Reasonably Priced

Cons: Can get crowded

Love this place - Edit

We loved the breakfast burrito, apple muffin, strawberry mango smoothie, service, atmosphere, etc...

Pros: Delicious & healthy food, Friendly service, Open, bright & warm atmosphere

Cons: Nada

Awesome food! - Edit

All the food is vegetarian and much of it is vegan. The sandwiches are made to order and are served with a small salad on the plate. There are always two side dishes/salads available as well which are always vegan, as is the soup of the day. Serving sizes are large, and the food is delicious. They do rotate some of the choices in and out depending on the season.

Pros: Great food, vegetarian and vegan

Cons: large portions, always busy

Charming place - Edit

As I had just eat my breakfast before coming here on my way to High Line Park, I just had a muffin and a coffee to go from here, but it looked really nice, and the menu looked very tempting. The banana and chocolate muffin was delicious, and their coffee was really good. Hope to come back for a full meal once.

Pros: Good coffee, Great muffins, Charming place

great vegan food - Edit

I'm from ca and visit nyc frequently. This place is always on my list to hit. This time I had the vegan club and chocolate cupcake and loved them both. Everything vegan on the menu is labeled vegan. Fun atmosphere. Board games and cool peeps.

Best vegan sandwiches - Edit

'Snice is one of my favorite vegan sandwich shops. They offer a lot of tasty options, like a buffalo chicken sandwich or philly cheezesteak.
Updated from previous review on Friday February 25, 2011

Pros: best sandwiches, cheap

Cons: not enough locations, can get crowded

'Snice, New York - Edit

I have just eaten there. I went in feeling hungrier than a horse. I had a look at the menu and it is defo a cafe type menu with a big choice of sandwiches and wraps and a few other things besides. The menu is very friendly to towards vegan vegos with the appropriate items clearly marked as such on. I shot the breeze with the staff who were very pleasant and then plumped for the curried cauliflower wrap. It is very mild on the chilli front and was very pleasant. What I can't get my head round is I was only half way through it and I started feeling full. I had a smoothie to drink also (I was asked if I'd a smoothie made with soya milk or cider - decide for yourself what would suit you best). It is also open long hours.

Unpretentious decor, nice vibe, a fairly youngish crowd with a few sat typing away on laptops. All in a big thumbs up for me.

Pros: Vegan vego friendly, tasty food, Open long hours

yummy! - Edit

i have been to s'nice many times over the last several years and have always enjoyed their food. their salads are really good as well as their philly seitan and cuban sandwiches. they also have brocolli, califlower, and potatoes up on the counter which is good. nice size menu and a friendly staff to boot.

S'nice is nice - Edit

I have been going to S'nice for almost 3 years. This is one of my favorite places to go before class. Everything I have tried, food, coffees, desserts, all were great. I thought it was good value for NYC. I also like to sit and watch all the action in this place. Meet friends or come alone, bring your book or laptop, it's buzzing with energy. They don't rush you out nor care if you order anything.

Pros: food, value, staff

Cons: seating

S'Nice is S'Nice!!! - Edit

Get the Philly Steak Sandwich, but don't get the Sesame Chicken' Wrap. I absolutely loved S'nice! Fortunately I ordered the Philly and I thought it was the best Vegan Philly I'd ever had. My bf got the Sesame Chicken' Wrap and it was absolutely vile, so I would avoid that at all costs. The decor was nice as was the neighborhood. Cash only, so bring enough for all of the goodness here!

It's Pretty S'Nice - Edit

I used to work around the corner from this place, and I found it a good place to grab my lunch on occasion. I always stuck to the sandwiches, which were always reliably tasty. They were somewhat pricey but not horribly so. The atmosphere always seemed pretty relaxed, and the staff was always courteous and helpful.

Pros: Quick but healthy food, Decent variety of options, Comfy atmosphere

Cons: Bit pricey but not horribly so

Great tasting food, plain and simple - - Edit

I've been eating at S'Nice for years and it's a great place to grab a Hazelnut coffee and surf the internet. For food I mainly eat the sandwiches (all vegan) - philly cheese, meatball, caesar wrap, vegan panins and fun salads

nice atmosphere, okay desserts - Edit

We stopped here for dessert, but the vegan options were limited. The vegan chocolate banana muffin was okay and the Blondie we ordered was bad. We tried the cookies too and thought they were crumbly and not worth another try. The atmosphere was nice and perhaps the sandwiches are better, but the baked goods left much to be desired.

Pros: atmosphere

Cons: desserts, employees

first time at S'nice - Edit

Stopped by for desert and coffee and opted for a shake instead due to very limited vegan desert options. Shake was expensive and very tasteless but place was very crowded so maybe sandwiches are a better way to go.

Pros: great West Village location

Cons: shakes are expensive

one of my favorites - Edit

definatley worth checking out. good crowd in there, great people working there, place is always full but there's enough seating and it's never too loud or to crowded. as tasty as their pesto is, it is a bit too oily for me.. they have kitchen sink cookies, great panini's, and very friendly happy staff. love it! good prices too

Pros: affordable, comfortable atmosphere

The Name Says It - Edit

As the name of this place says, it's S'nice. Very casual, neighborhood hangout. No pressure on you to eat and run, whether you buy a big meal or just a coffee to nurse for hours. S'nice sells mostly sandwiches (wraps) and salads, with a daily soup (always vegan) and a daily grain (usually couscous) and vegetable course. Desserts, coffee and tea also. Nice fat sandwiches; several are vegan. Salads are a bit on the puny side, and S'nice becomes S'tingey when you order a take-out sandwich: they don't give you the salad that is included when you eat-in. Still, the atmosphere and character of the place compensate for the couple of bad lapses.

Pros: relaxed inviting ambience, solid, tasty sandwiches

Cons: not organic or vegan

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: 'sNice - West Village closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2977 times since Aug 2007.