Sneeuw Tearoom

+32-59807099

Albert 1 Promenade 80, Oostende, Belgium, 8400

Serves meat, vegan options available. Seafront tea room and restaurant with a vegetarian section in its menu, of which all dishes appear to be vegan but please inquire before ordering. Previously named Tibetan Tea Room.

Category: Asian, Tibetan, Non-veg

First Review by mrferret

Veg Momo @ Sneeuw Tearoom - Edit

AMAZING Veg Momo! I loved these little steamed dumpling things! There were at least five or six items listed in a vegetarian section of the menu. Service was a little slow compared to dining in the US, but seemed pretty much the same as any other Belgian restaurants. The food came out fresh and hot. Cheaper than many restaurants I've been to in Belgium; I only spent 13 euro on the food and a beer.

10/10 would eat again!

NOTE: the name is Sneeuw Tearoom NOT Tibetan Tea Room

Pros: Excellent Food, Good prices, Friendly Staff

Cons: Slightly slow service

Enough vegan stuff for two people to share - Edit

My boyfriend and I had veggy momos, Tibetan noodle soup, gobi manchurian and paratha. Everything was tasty, the paratha was amazing! The noodle soup came with shiitake and black mushrooms. I had a great jasmine tea too, and the staff were lovely. Great view of the sea. It's true that there wasn't a huge choice - we ordered almost everything that was vegan on the menu, but we really couldn't have eaten more and we liked everything so a great place for going a few times (or more if you are local and like the food). Plus veggy momos are the best! My boyfriend's parents who are omnis were with us and they really enjoyed it too.

Pros: Veggy momos! And other deliciousness, Lovely staff, Great view

Cons: Not a huge variety of vegan items on the menu (alt

Delicious food - Edit

We had momos, tibetan hand noodles and dry gobi manchurian, which was all very delicious. The choice of vegan food is indeed quite limited. But the staff is very nice and friendly. We had a good time.

Pros: Nice food, Friendly staff

Cons: Limited choice

Useful place in a town with limited options - Edit

Open on Sundays.

I had daal (spicy lentil) soup followed by vegetable momos (Tibetan ravioli filled with cabbage, I think) served with spicy sauce. Both were good though not exceptional.

Since Happy Cow's editors unhelpfully deleted from this listing all examples of vegetarian and vegan dishes on the menu, here are some again:
- Vegetable Tibetan hand noodles
- Vegetable chow mein
- Dry gobi Manchurian (Manchurian cauliflower)
- Vegetable soup

Pros: Addition to limited veggie scene

Cons: Not centrally located, Lacks atmosphere

Return to Oostende Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sneeuw Tearoom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.