Smyrna Mediterranean Cuisine

540-370-0780

215 Kings Highway Unit 105, Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA, 22405

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mediterranean cuisine and cafe. Has a vegetarian/vegetable menu section with many items being vegan suitable. Casual nice atmosphere. Open Mon-Sat 10:30am-8:30pm.

Category: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Turkish, Non-veg

First Review by larksmith

Great food & Great service - Edit

My family and I were driving back to Northern Virginia from Florida. When we were around Fredericksburg they asked me to pick a place to eat. I used the HappyCow app to find a place and decided on Smyrna Mediterranean. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they had a lot of Vegan options! There menu has the vegan/ vegetarian options marked. I greatly enjoyed my food and my non-vegan family members loved their food.

Pros: Lots of Vegetarian/ Vegan options, High quality food, Lots of Non-vegan options for friends and family

Yummy! Worth a detour! - Edit

Great little shop and restaurant with takeout. Very affordable. I spent about $10 and had a tough time finishing it! Imaginative vegan menu. I highly recommend!

Pros: Imaginative vegan menu , Great prices , Great food!

Cons: Not 100% vegan , Serves meat , Small seating area

Lovely Find! - Edit

Stopped in at Smyrna's for the first time. It is a tiny little place offering old world Mediterranean cuisine with a twist (vegetarian and vegan options. yay!). If you like mediterranean like I do and totally miss it because many places don't offer your favs in veg form, then check out this cool place. Food was homemade by the co-owner, Salima. My partner-man and I started with dolma (stuffed grape leaves served with a tasty pickled cabbage). Then chowed down on warm lentil soup and leek soup. Saved a little bit for our falafel and veggie kibbe (yes!) sandwiches (with hummus on them). Finished our meal righteously with a beautiful piece of baklava paired with mint tea (#2die4). Felt more than satisfied at the end of the meal. Owners, Kader and Salima, are warm and friendly. Eager to please. Great customer service. Will certainly be stopping here again! Now we have a place in Fredericksburg to go to! Yay!

Pros: excellent veg options, good value, super friendly owners

Cons: easy to miss due to location

Great Place for Vegans - Edit

Driving through Fredericksburg and was looking for someplace to stop and eat. Stumbled upon this place and it was fantastic. As vegans it was a real treat to sit and talk with the owner about his passion for the healthy lifestyle. He was very knowledgable and the food was so good! I would recommend this place for sure! The falafel was delicious, and so was the kofte.

Pros: Great food!, Knowledgable

Cons: None that i can think of

Amazing Food! - Edit

My fiancee, who is vegan, and I stopped off at this place for dinner. It is a little hole in the wall place, but don't let the looks deceive you. The food was fabulous. Everything we tried was excellent. The owner was very helpful and passionate about healthy eating. One thing to note is to clarify whether items marked vegan contain honey. Overall this place is a must visit and we will definitely be back.

Pros: Good Food, Great Service, Lots Of Options

Cons: Random Location

Best Mediterranean in town! - Edit

Love this place. Food was flavorful and vegan friendly. Most of all the best customer service I have received in a long time. The owner loves what he does and it shows in his food! Yes, I highly suggest you bring your friends and family. Even received a quick cooking lesson. Going back in a couple of weeks to bring some friends.

Friendly people delicious food - Edit

Smyrna is a fantastic place to eat. The owner and his wife are very friendly and knowledgeable about vegetarian and vegan diets. The menu is clearly-labeled and has tons of vegetarian and vegan options. I tried a combo platter and loved it. The veggie kofte was absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend it. This restaurant is a real gem and should not be missed if you are in the area.
Updated from previous review on Saturday November 30, 2013

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Clearly-labeled menu with many options

Great healthy vegetarian/vegan food - Edit

In my travels I've experienced few places like this where the food is good and the staff is "enthusiasts" as well about vegetables and eating right. The owner treats food as medicine, as it should be. I love hummus and theirs is excellent!

Pros: Food , Passion

Cons: Decor

Excellent food for health conscious people! - Edit

We have been going regularly to Smyrna since we became vegan four years ago. They have a wide variety of dishes for vegetarians and vegans and everything is excellent! We make sure to get our olive oil, pomegranate juice, and hummus every week. The atmosphere is casual and family oriented. It is our favorite restaurant in Fredericksburg.

Pros: lots of vegan dishes, health conscious, fresh food

Home Cooked Mediterranean Food - Edit

Smyrna sat us down and brought my wife and I samples of all the things she thought we'd like. All home cooked food Greek and Turkish style food! I have a milk allergy and felt completely comfortable with all the food I ate. Would recommend it to anyone!

Pros: Quality, Vegan, vegetarian and meat options, Friendly

Cons: Off the beaten path, Small dining area

Great food, good service! - Edit

I've been to Smyrna 3-4 times, ever since I discovered it in the Ferry Farm area of Fburg. Everything I've had so far has been very good - excellent, which is saying a lot as I am a harsh critic when it comes to food. There is a separate vegetarian menu, which is mostly vegan (menu in restaurant indicates which food items are vegan). This is a small mom and pop type restaurant with good service and friendly staff. Vegan offerings include appetizers, sides, entrees, and deserts. My favorites so far have been the stuffed grape leaves, stuffed peppers, veggie kofte kebab and veggie stew. I haven't tried any of their deserts yet (always too stuffed from the meals).
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 01, 2012

Return to Fredericksburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Smyrna Mediterranean Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2041 times.