SmooVie Grignotheque

+33-607242001

L'Ancienne Boulangerie (at Route Departmental D66), Saint-leon-sur-vezere, France, 24290

Open spring and summer months only. Vegan takeaway offering meals, soups, smoothies, juice, lemonade, organic coffee; bakes muffins and cakes. Uses local and regional produce, including some from its own garden. There are benches on the square in St. Leon, or tables down by Vezere River, under the church. Uses compostable and recyclable packaging.

Categories: Vegan, Fast food, Salad bar, Juice bar, French, Take-out only

First Review by emmalidy

A must for vegans visiting Perigord region - Edit

After visiting the Dordogne / Perigord area for many years and struggling to find any vegan options beyond "Pizza Sans Fromage", it is great to see so many vegatarian / vegan restaurants opening up recently. The short drive up the Vezere valley now (September 2017) offers vegetarian restaurants or cafes in Les Eyzies, St Leon sur Vezere, Thonac and Montignac (and maybe more).

SmooVie Grignotheque is a delight, located in the beautiful St Leon sur Vezere. We opted for the Burger and the Avacado sandwich, both of which were delicious and filling. These were followed up with 2 delicious coffees, one of which, the house specialty, was a lovely latte style coffee, with almond milk and coconut paste adding a delicious sweet flavour. A home made muffin was the perfect accompaniment! We loved the courtyard where we ate our meal and realy enjoyed chatting to the friendly proprieter James.

Updated from previous review on 2017-09-08

Pros: Delicious, Good Value, Friendly staff

Oh yes, Smoovie! ❤👍❤😎🌞 - Edit

Nice work Smoovie. What a peaceful vegan haven you have created in an already beautiful part of the world; my family and I feel so at home here, in the shade of the fig tree in your tranquil courtyard, eating and drinking your vegan delights. Quite apart from the setting: your creativity with ingredients is quite remarkable. I can highly recommend the homemade veggie burger and the homemade falafel. The flavours of sauces and accompaniments have been created with so much love and attention. I only wish I could create such flavour sensations in my own kitchen - (by the way, when is your cookbook coming out?) And today you really floored us: we could hardly believe it when you brought us a sample - for free - of your new vegan foie gras that you have been working on. I thought I'd seen it all...but apparently not! I eagerly await your next ground breaking creation. Vegans & vegetarians in the region: do yourself a favour - go eat at Smoovie, you won't regret it.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Super friendly staff

Onverwachts vega in de Dordogne - Edit

Nu twee keer gegeten en het eten is echt ontzettend lekker. Voldoende keuze voor zowel vegetariërs als veganisten. Bovendien is de Amerikaanse eigenaar altijd in voor een gezellig praatje.
Dikke aanrader dit!

Pros: Veel verschillende opties!

Cons: De smoothies zijn wat aan de dure kant.

Return to Saint-leon-sur-vezere Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has SmooVie Grignotheque closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.