Get the HappyCow App

HappyCow mobile application
The App Stores #1 vegetarian and vegan restaurant guide
Thousand of listings across the globe
Featured on CNN, NY Times, and Wall Street Journal
Download the app

© HappyCow 2018

Smoothie Joe's Juice and Java

717-691-9000

5258 Simpson Ferry Rd, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA, 17050

Serves meat, vegan options available. Causal place. Makes whole-fruit smoothies, a few vegan sandwiches and salads. Live music weekend evenings. Free Wi-Fi.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by DC Vegan

Michael Isavegan

Contributions +914

04 Sep 2017

thanks, Happy Cow! - Edit

Glad we found this place off of Route 15 as we were traveling north. We had a Strawberry Fields salad with spinach and onions and walnuts and a Veggie Wrap.

Nice place, very friendly and fresh food. We didn't get the smoothies but they looked great.

Pros: fresh food, tasty, friendly

Cons: music was kind of loud

Tracyjs

Contributions +16

Raw
14 Jul 2016

surprisingly good - Edit

I am here in Carlisle visiting my parents and it's been a nightmare trying to find even a vegetarian restaurant. Well I decided to go to Mechanicsburg and try out Smoothie Joes and I was pleasantly surprised on how good my vegan (hold the cheese please) wrap was and my non dairy smoothie. They were very friendly and the service was fast (to go.) I will definitely make the trip again to get another green smoothie and try a salad. Pricing was very inexpensive too, I'm glad I found them on Happy Cow!

DC Vegan

Contributions +212

26 Nov 2012

What a disappointment - Edit

I was hoping, seeing this listed on Happy Cow, that it would be a good place to grab a quick bite after a Hershey Bears game (hey, we were traveling). It's open late, which is nice, but there's really not much here if you're vegan. And many veg options,you have to ask that they don't add cheese. The Fresh Veggie Wrap also fell apart without the toothpick holding it. They sometimes offer a black bean salad, but that's already in the wrap.

If you're in the area and hungry, it might be worth a quick bite. But I wouldn't make a special trip to come here. That said, the Tea-Licious smoothie was pretty good.

Pros: Open late, Vegan smoothies

Cons: Not a lot of vegan options

Return to Mechanicsburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Smoothie Joe's Juice and Java closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.