Smart Green Corner

20 rue Castelnau d'Auros, Bordeaux, France, 33800

Self-serve vegan food restaurant in Bordeaux centre next to the UGC Cinema, since Jan 2015. Food is organic and gluten free. Open Mon 9:00am-3:00pm, Tue 9:00am-8:00pm, Wed-Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-3:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Buffet, Take-out, French

First Review by CherryFlamingo

Bordeaux Vegan Delux - Edit

Nice location, center of town, I liked the atmosphere and the food was good! I only wish the portions were bigger but overall was good for a vegan place in Bordeaux.

Pros: Clean Place, Friendly Staff, Good Value

Excellente cantine végane - Edit

A la recherche de restaurants végétariens ou végans proposant des menus sous la forme d'un buffet, chose rarissime en France, la surprise fut heureuse de tomber sur Kitchen Garden, en plein cœur de Bordeaux.

Pour 12,90€, une formule proposant : une (mini) soupe, un dessert, et un buffet à volonté (à condition de se servir en une fois). Très bonnes options bios de légumes et céréales, simples et savoureuses, parfois agrémentées d'une sauce à la crème végétal. Manque peut-être de davantage d'options de protéines végétales type seitan (mais il semble que le restaurant soit sans gluten only) + tofu/protéines de soja.

Le restaurant dispose de quelques tables en terrasse.

Bonne adresse à un prix très raisonnable. On aurait juste aimé la possibilité de prendre alternativement une formule uniquement avec buffet seul ou + boisson/café, sans entrée ni dessert.

Excellent food! - Edit

We had a wonderful meal and were quite delighted with the quality of the food: lots of fresh herbs, vibrant vegetables, great flavour combinations and exceptional value for money. As we're vegetarian and I'm also gluten-free (with some food allergies as well), Smart Green Corner is a godsend for us. I can choose what I put on my plate, and I know it's all nutritious food, prepared with care. The variety was excellent and there were plenty of fruit, vegetable, grain and protein options. We will absolutely return; merci beaucoup pour un très bon repas, et car vous êtes des personnes très gentilles! :-)

Pros: Healthy food, Great flavours, Suitable for allergies

Cons: None, None, None

Disappointing - Edit

We were pleased to finally find a veg/vegan restaurant open in August but this didn't live up to expectations. Boasting soup ,main meal and desert for less than10 euros it seems to be a bargain. But the first and last courses. were so small as to not warrant a course at all. The food was mainly bland and uninteresting. Chick peas and rice were undercooked

Pros: Inexpensive, Friendly staff, Open in aug9

Cons: Tiny courses, Ingedients rather prepared meals, Uninspired food

a very nice place - Edit

Nice people, fantastic food. I really liked it.
Vegan gluten free and simply good food. Try it.

unknown - Edit

My wife and I were excited about finding a good place to eat in Bordeaux unfortunately we won't know about this restaurant. We arrived in town late and found our way to this place but we're told they were closed. There were several people there eating and the buffet had food available. We got there about 7:35 pm and they advertise their closing time is 8:00 pm.
Might have been great food we will never know.
We won't go back for the rest of our time in Bordeaux but will try the other vegan restaurants in town.

Pros: unknown

Cons: don't stay open their advertised hours

Buffet lunch on sunday- go for it :) - Edit

I went to lunch on sunday and it was very nice and tasty.
You have a soup, than you can choose on buffet (warning : you have only one turn so choose wisely) then you have choice between two desserts and a hot drink.

evyrthing is vegan and tasty and gluten free. curry plate was excellent. dessert is a little bit small, but i think it is because they don't want to waste food (people take a lot on buffet, to taste evrything)

Pros: choice, tasty

Cons: price, only one turn on buffet

Bonito rincón! - Edit

El local está limpio y con una decoración muy agradable. Es pequeño pero acogedor.
El servicio es muy agradable y te explican cómo funciona nada más entrar.
La comida está buena. Es tipo bufete de una sola toma, por 9,90€ (diciembre 2015) te incluye una riquísima crema de verduras de entrante y lo que puedas y quieras cargar en un plato alargado (suficiente para la mayoría). Postre y agua incluidos.
Comimos muy a gusto!
Como Tip, visita el baño, es curioso! :)

Each to their own. - Edit

I think the main meal lacked flavour but the cheesecake was very delicious. Service was excellent overall. Decent price for full meal around 12€

Its good but it is expensive - Edit

I was very pleased with the food at Smart Green Corner but it was quite expensive - 7 euros for a salad - if you don't eat in. If you eat in then apparently it costs more.

Pros: Good food, Lots of choice

Cons: Expensive, More expensive to eat in

Miam miam - Edit

Très bon buffet au calme dans une rue piétonne accueil chaleureux et jus frais! Super! Et prix raisonnable

Amazing find! - Edit

Great vegan buffet. Free water on the tables. Friendly staff.

Lovely place - Edit

What a delightful little place. Everything is vegan and gluten-free AND everything is delicious. I met two guys who run it, they explained that everything they used in the venue was upcycled, repaired, recycled. One of the owner's wife is a naturopath and comes every so often to give talks and organise little workshops.
It was a real pleasure to spend some time there, and I really recommend it.

Pros: All gluten-free, Friendly staff

Cons: No table service

Good place and cheap - Edit

Smart Green Corner is a vegetarian restaurant (mainly vegan with Gluten Free Option). It's a buffet and when I went It's was yummy, the staff is also very friendly. It close to a UGC cinema (Gambetta place).

Smart Green Corner est un restaurant végétarien (principalement vegan avec des options sans gluten). C'est un buffet et quand j'y suis allée c'était très bon, l'équipe est aussi très sympa.La formule entrée/plat/dessert est à seulement à 9,90€. Il est 20 rue Castelnau d'Auros, juste à côté de l'UGC de Gambetta.

Pros: Good, Cheap, close to the UGC cinema

Vendredi Noir 12 Mar 2015 - Thanks for recommending this little gem. We went there twice during our stay in Bordeaux and really appreciated it. :)

Return to Bordeaux Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Smart Green Corner closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.