CLOSED: Slice

Contact 212-249-4353

1413 2nd Ave (at between 73rd and 74th St), New York City, New York, USA, 10021

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzas with choice of vegetarian toppings, soy and rice cheeses. Gluten-free and spelt crust available. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by Poundie

Best Vegan Pizza Ever! - Edit

Walked by this cute quaint little eatery in the West Village and I tasted the "Skilled Eggplant" and their "Novice Pesto", both with their Daiya Vegan cheese (my fave!) and it was the heavenliest veg pizza I've ever had! Also eyed their "Yuri" pizza with white truffle oil and mushrooms but was too full from the two slices I had. Next time, I'll be back . They have a surprisingly large selection of local New York craft ales as well, was impressed. Will be back.

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy cuisine, Friendly staff

Cons: A bit slow

Great Vegan Pizza - Edit

This place makes a good Vegan pizza! I ordered my pizza with Daiya Vegan Cheese and it was so good. The cheese melted like real cheese, and even tasted close to the real thing. My bf tried it too and he concurred, he even talked about it days later. We also ordered a salad ...carrot ginger dressing... wow! Highly recommended!!!

5 Cows!!!!

i loved this place! - Edit

i don't remember exactly what it was called, but i got a pizza with mushroom on it... divine. also they had awesome vegan brownies and chocolate-chip cookies.

our waitress miki (i think?) was the sweetest.

definitely going back the next time i NY! i'm not allowed to give this 5 cows since it is not a completely vegetarian restaurant. this is 5/5!

Pros: fantastic pizza, wonderful cookies, nice staff

Cons: nothing!

Good and creative pizza options - Edit

At Slices they had several different kinds of pizzas, including a pizza with hummus and chickpeas. I had the bruschetta pizza and it had fresh basil, tomatoes, vegan cheese, and grilled red onions. It was delicious, I'd definitely recommend it. Next time I'm going to have to be brave and try a more inventive pizza. It was delicious and I'm planning on going again before my vacation ends.

Pros: tasty food, good value, friendly staff

Yum! - Edit

We got two slices of vegan cheese pizza on the herb crust and it was vegan pizza heaven. Great and friendly staff. Interesting chocolate chip muffin cookie. I would definitely go back here again.

Great "pizza" - Edit

ALthough not all vegetarian, they do seem to cater to the vegan crown with organic ingredients and soy cheese options. The food here is not quite pizza, but more "pizza"-like--however, it is better tasting and healthier than most pizzas. Each slice is made individually, but the wait is not long. the food is delicious, and the atmosphere relaxed. For a more traditional vegan pizza, you can go to Cafe Viva or Pintalle's (where you can always ask for soy cheese).

Pros: Healthy and tasty, inexpensive, relaxed atmosphere

Cons: not "elegant"

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Slice closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 174 times since Aug 2007.