SLA - Westerstraat

020-7894603

Westerstraat 34, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1015MK

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafeteria and salad bar with several outlets in the city. Order at the counter. Menu changes but always has several vegan dishes, and you can compose your own salad. The non-vegan options offer substitutes such as tempeh. Desserts, smoothies, salad dressing are all vegan. Has vegan soup. Coffee can be requested with soy or almond milk. Open Mon 11:00am-9:00pm, Tue-Fri 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Non-veg

First Review by Amy1274

Easy and delicious - Edit

Our go-to place for soups and salad bowls next to Noordermarkt (organic market in the Jordaan). Never disappoints with their wide variety of options, many of them vegan (or easy to make vegan). You can also compose your own bowl out of the available ingredients. Staff is nice. Not that many seats available, though.

Pros: Delicious soups and salads, Location, Fast service

Cons: Few seats available

amazing salade bar - Edit

A great choice of salades and vegan desserts. I took a tempeh bowl and it was delicious, the seasoning of tempeh, cauliflower and mostly of red cabbage was phenomenal! Great choice of teas and free water included in the menu. This is a great choice for light and nice dinner/snack.

Saved my day - Edit

After an 8 hour flight, where the airline thought serving me buns and fruit cup was a vegan meal, I headed straight for SLA. And they didn't disappoint. I had the Mexican Tempeh bowl and I will be going back again while I'm here. Great friendly service, too.

Mmmm wonderful salads! - Edit

Great salads! Lots of different options, great vegan options as well. Nice vibe.
Love the vegan buddha bowl!
Whenever in Amsterdam I make sure I have a lunch-break at SLA!

Pros: Excellent food - fresh and lots of options, Friendly staff - nice vibe, Good value for your money

Power Food Hit - Edit

Great place located on the fabulous Westerstraat in Jordaan. Very minimalist, clean and efficient decor. Perfect stop off point for a coffee or snack but not perhaps your main meal of the day unless you are into organic power food salads, which I'm not. Maybe I should be though because they did look extremely appetizing and of course healthy. Reminds me a bit of the Teresa Carles Juicery in Barcelona as you can also get a great range of colourful anti-oxidant fueled drinks here. I would recommend the hummus here.

Pros: fresh food, healthy, nice location

great salads! - Edit

Tried the Indian tempeh salad which was fantastic and very generous portion size. The raw banoffee pie was the best I've ever had! Very friendly service too.

delicious salads - Edit

My favourite salad place in Amsterdam. The salads are big, filling and super tasty. The price for the salads is ok, but the juices and smoothies are a bit expensive.

Yummm! - Edit

I had a great experience here :) I treated myself to a fresh juice, vegan banana bread AND raw berry cheesecake and a beautiful coffee! There's outside seating and you can smoke there of course. Great service too.

Perfect for a healthy lunch/dinner/snack - Edit

I had a delicious raw vegan cake... and wish I had had time to try their food for lunch or dinner. Everything looked fresh and there were several vegan (and gluten-free) options. The atmosphere is also very nice.

Pros: Good cakes, Relaxed atmosphere, Several vegan options

Contributions +16

Fantastic Organic Salad Bar - Edit

Hudge choice of salads. Enough big sized to feed an herbivore. Friendly staff. Amazing vegan choco cake.

Vegan items clearly marked - Edit

A relatively upmarket restaurant which serves meat but is definitely vegan friendly, and there are many more vegetarian than meat or fish options. Everything vegan is clearly marked on the menu, and the staff are really knowledgeable and helpful about the ingredients and customising items. In fact, customising dishes is even encouraged; there's a build-your-own salad option! I have uploaded a picture of a menu from summer 2014 if you would like to see how this works in more detail, though I must say that in my experience it was very user-friendly and easy to get a tasty, vegan meal. The soups and cakes are also vegan, and there are lots of gluten free dishes, whilst most, but not all, of the vegetables are organic, and refined sugar is not used. I'd definitely like to eat here more often and to try the other SLA restaurant in the city too. It's just important to note that you cannot pay by cash, but all major credit and debit cards are accepted.

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has SLA - Westerstraat closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.