SLA - Westerstraat

Contact 020-7894603

Westerstraat 34, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1015MK

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafeteria and salad bar with several outlets in the city. Order at the counter. Menu changes but always has several vegan dishes, and you can compose your own salad. The non-vegan options offer substitutes such as tempeh. Desserts, smoothies, salad dressing are all vegan. Has vegan soup. Coffee can be requested with soy or almond milk. Open Mon 11:00am-9:00pm, Tue-Fri 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Non-veg

First Review by Amy1274

Mmmm wonderful salads! - Edit

Great salads! Lots of different options, great vegan options as well. Nice vibe.
Love the vegan buddha bowl!
Whenever in Amsterdam I make sure I have a lunch-break at SLA!

Pros: Excellent food - fresh and lots of options, Friendly staff - nice vibe, Good value for your money

Power Food Hit - Edit

Great place located on the fabulous Westerstraat in Jordaan. Very minimalist, clean and efficient decor. Perfect stop off point for a coffee or snack but not perhaps your main meal of the day unless you are into organic power food salads, which I'm not. Maybe I should be though because they did look extremely appetizing and of course healthy. Reminds me a bit of the Teresa Carles Juicery in Barcelona as you can also get a great range of colourful anti-oxidant fueled drinks here. I would recommend the hummus here.

Pros: fresh food, healthy, nice location

Yummm! - Edit

I had a great experience here :) I treated myself to a fresh juice, vegan banana bread AND raw berry cheesecake and a beautiful coffee! There's outside seating and you can smoke there of course. Great service too.

Perfect for a healthy lunch/dinner/snack - Edit

I had a delicious raw vegan cake... and wish I had had time to try their food for lunch or dinner. Everything looked fresh and there were several vegan (and gluten-free) options. The atmosphere is also very nice.

Pros: Good cakes, Relaxed atmosphere, Several vegan options

Contributions +16

Fantastic Organic Salad Bar - Edit

Hudge choice of salads. Enough big sized to feed an herbivore. Friendly staff. Amazing vegan choco cake.

Vegan items clearly marked - Edit

A relatively upmarket restaurant which serves meat but is definitely vegan friendly, and there are many more vegetarian than meat or fish options. Everything vegan is clearly marked on the menu, and the staff are really knowledgeable and helpful about the ingredients and customising items. In fact, customising dishes is even encouraged; there's a build-your-own salad option! I have uploaded a picture of a menu from summer 2014 if you would like to see how this works in more detail, though I must say that in my experience it was very user-friendly and easy to get a tasty, vegan meal. The soups and cakes are also vegan, and there are lots of gluten free dishes, whilst most, but not all, of the vegetables are organic, and refined sugar is not used. I'd definitely like to eat here more often and to try the other SLA restaurant in the city too. It's just important to note that you cannot pay by cash, but all major credit and debit cards are accepted.

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has SLA - Westerstraat closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.