Sky's Tacos

323-932-6253

5408 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, California, USA, 90019

Serves meat, vegan options available. Taco and burrito eatery with a menu that includes a section of veggie and vegan items (tacos, nachos, burritos, veggie burger). Has vegan "meat" that's made from soy protein. Tortilla chips are made in-house. Order at the counter. Causal with plenty of seating. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Chia

Sky's Does Vegan right - Edit

This Saturday the Major and the local Councilman were visiting us while we were planting trees on Pico Blvd & Hauser. Afterwards they presented the owner of SKYS GOURMET TACOS with a plaque celebrating 25 years of operation. I can't turn down a free party! They had lots of regular food but I requested a Vegan Taco and it was so incredible that I was convinced that it wasn't Vegan - so the owners son (vic) took me into the kitchen and showed me around. First of all they have a completely separate grill and prep station for Vegan orders. The Taco meat was Yves and the Cheese was Follow your heart. For the burgers they use Boca burgers. But what was really cool, in this admittedly tiny space, was the care in which they prepared everything. And for Vegetarians there is a ton of special things like Shiitake Mushroom Tacos and Potato Tacos. If you want it Vegan I guess you could tell them to hold the butter! Drove past this place for 6 years. I'll be stopping from now on!

Updated from previous review on 2017-05-15

Pros: Great care in preparation of Vegan Items, Prices are reasonable, Understanding staff

Cons: Can get crowded on weekends I am told, Parking on Pico is metered

Tacos and more - Edit

Stopped in for lunch here after seeing it on Happycow. Here's my Sky's Tacos review.

It's a little taco restaurant on Pico (at Hauser, east of Fairfax). The menu shows a veggie/vegan section, and states which items can be made vegan along with prices. I ordered the sky veggie burger (request vegan), a vegan meat taco, and a side of tortilla chips the kitchen makes in-house. The vegan "meat" in both the burger and the taco are the same kind (soy protein patty) but with different seasoning. The veggie burger was tasty but the bread slices were drenched in oily though well-flavored with garlic bits. The vegan taco was flavorful but salty and oily as well. The kitchen was busy at the time I ordered, so I had to wait quite a while for my food.

Pros: good tortilla chips, has vegan, patio seating

Cons: smoky inside, grease

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sky's Tacos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.