Sky's Tacos

• Veg-friendly
Contact 323-932-6253

5408 W Pico Blvd (at btwn Fairfax and LaBrea), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90019

Serves meat, vegan options available. A taco/burrito eatery with a menu that includes a dedicated section of veggie and vegan items (tacos, nachos, burritos, and a veggie burger). Has vegan "meat" that's made from soy protein/TVP. Tortilla chips are made in-house. Order at the counter, and food is brought to your table. Causal with plenty of seating. Note: reported to use the same grill for all orders.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Chia

Tacos and more - Edit

Ate lunch here in December 2011, and here's my review for happycow. It's a little taco restaurant on Pico (at Hauser, east of Fairfax).

The menu shows a veggie/vegan section, and states which items can be made vegan along with prices. I ordered the sky veggie burger (request vegan) $4.99, a vegan meat taco, $2.99, and a side of tortilla chips the kitchen makes in-house.

The vegan "meat" in both the burger and the taco are the same kind (soy protein patty) but with different seasoning. The veggie burger was tasty but the bread slices were drenched in oily though well-flavored with garlic bits. The vegan taco was flavorful but salty and oily as well.

After I had placed my order, I noticed a piece of paper taped to the counter explaining the special of the day -- portabello mushroom tacos with a side of beans, $6.99.

The kitchen was busy at the time I ordered, so I had to wait quite a while for my food.

My primary main concern about eating at a non-veg place (like Sky's Tacos) is that the kitchen has only one flat grill for cooking both the meat & veg orders.

Pros: good tortilla chips, has vegan, patio seating

Cons: smoky inside, same grill for meat & veg, greasy vegan food

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sky's Tacos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 735 times since May 2011.