Skip Garden Kitchen

+44-7506921084

off Tapper Walk, behind Lewis Cubbit Square (at King's Cross), London, England, N1C 4AQ

The teaching organic garden and kitchen at the King's Cross regeneration site offers seasonal food created by the youngsters involved in the garden. From 10am scones, tea, and coffee. From 12 lunch. Then cakes, teas and coffees til 4pm. Accepts booking for private events. Open Tue-Sat 10:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Organic, Western, Mediterranean, Take-out

First Review by barbicanben

Quirky - Edit

I just popped in for coffee but the staff were busy prepping lunch and it smelt good. The menu changes daily and there were some vegan options (e.g. beetroot soup) but a fair bit of cheese on the menu when I visited. Check the chalkboard, vegan options are labelled. One of the three cakes was vegan, it sounded good but I managed to resist.
It is a rustic atmosphere with open plan kitchen. Nice and cosy. Lots of out door seating in the garden which would be good for the summer. The garden itself is quirky with an emphasis on re-use and community.

Pros: Independent cafe, Use produce from the community garden, Good coffee (soya milk available)

Cons: Some vegan options but a lot cheese

sweet place - Edit

I arrived late afternoon and they had no food left as they stop serving lunch at 2pm. that was okay as i had my Jordan valley sausageroll‚Äč on the train.
they had a couple of sweet treats they offered. a last minute change of heart made me decide on the fennel shortbread. very odd but in a really good way.
the food board had a decent selection of vegan options but as always I'm a sucker for the odd space. it has no right to be where it is but it works, i imagine in a sunny day it would be fantastic. worth supporting.

Pros: local food, nice staff, location

Cons: a bit limited

Superb salads and sandwiches - Edit

I'm not normally a fan of a salad, but somehow these salads are amazing. I also don't normally like Brussel Sprouts, but the salad I had with Brussel sprouts, pumpkin and seeds was delicious! If you ask they'll do a vegan version of their salad or open sandwiches (or a combo of salad and sandwiches).

Pros: Incredible salads

Cons: Slight out of the way in the new Kind Cross develo

Return to London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Skip Garden Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.