Sizzle Pie

Contact 503-234-7437

624 E Burnside, Portland, Oregon, USA, 97214

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegan pizza choices for whole pies and by the slice - call ahead to check the day's selection. Uses Daiya vegan cheese, or try the creamy vegan basil cashew spread, or another with caramelized onions. Extensive jukebox and classic Pac Man game. Mon-Thu 11:00am-3:00am, Sun 11:00am-3:00am, Fri-Sat 11:00am-4:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by greenjdmd

Delicious Vegan Pizza - Edit

My husband and I came here and found it affordable and delicious. There are many options and we can eat with our non vegan family members which is a plus.

Pros: affordable, lots of variety

Cons: hard to find condiments

Great pizza in a convenient place to Powell's - Edit

Visiting downtown Portland on foot? This is a great lunch spot. Just be sure to get there early or late, as the seating is SMALL. It's diagonal to Powell's.

Just like the larger Sizzle Pie further down the road, they always have three vegan pizzas in their "by the slice" area. Plus, dozens of other full pies they'll be happy to make for you. Staff is great and this is a quieter place than the other one, but it's very small.

Pros: Great pizza, Nice location, Quick and delicious!

Cons: No parking, Not 100% vegan, Small seating area

Most Extensive Vegan Pizza Options Ive Found So Far! - Edit

We've been wanting to try Jackfruit for awhile now, and when I was looking through the numerous vegan whole pie options for dinner, I found the Buffalo 666 pizza. Score. It was awesome! I wish there was a little more jackfruit on it, but still it was delish. I also wish I added pineapple, the thought slipped my mind until I was halfway home. Spicy sweet combo package would be perfect. I also grabbed the Rabbit salad. Points for each salad offering having a vegan dressing. Thumbs up. Happy to see a place you can grab by the slice too. I think they have a few vegan options each day for the by the slice option. They even have a frequent buyer punch card. Holla
Side note, I love the trippy artwork they have going on
The pizza logo reminds me of a character off Adventure time. :)

Pros: Caters To Vegans And Non Vegans Like, Good For Ent, Sticker Packs, Yummy Light Crust

good pizza - Edit

We had a good experience. Friday night just starting to get busy but fast service good pizza. We enjoyed our angel of doom, and let us play your party vegan slices. Kids enjoyed our vegan tots and their vegetarian cheese pizza.

So many options! - Edit

I find that most pizza places have the same standard veg'n options but not this place... so many pizzas to choose from!!! And really unique pizza creations! You can get it by the slice or get a whole pizza. Get the whole pizza. You won't regret it. :-P

Vegan Options By The Slice - Edit

Great place to go if you want vegan pizza by the slice or if you are with non vegan pizza eaters. Some may find the music a little loud but I didn't mind at all. Added to the aura of the place. Across from Powell 's.

Pros: Vegan Slices, Downtown

Buffalo pizza!!!! - Edit

Had the vegan buffalo pizza and it did not disappoint!!! It is such a rarity to find this many vegan pizza options. Also tried the vegan buzz tots- they were super yummy too. Next time would leave off baco bits. The vegan ranch is excellent!!! If you're craving pizza I highly recommend.

Oh Sizzle Pie, where have you been all my life! - Edit

I love me some pizza pie. And this is the first place I've been with 7 vegan pies on the menu. Seven! Plus there were two fresh pies available for slices; that's unheard of! I'm stoked that they're opening another shop in Eugene... Yah! We've got some good pies here but now we'll have Sizzle Pies!

Pros: Taste, Variety

random topping vegan pizza - Edit

I tried the Angel of Doom- jalepenos, pineapple, cilantro, daiya, and regular marinara. It was pretty ridiculous how delicious it was. The slice was a decent size and it was $4. The environment was alright, small place, but it had good music and typography. I would visit here again.

Pros: convenient location, creative pizza creations, cheap prices

Cons: unfriendly staff, it took awhile just to get a slice

Good vegan pizza - Edit

I ordered the "Bad Reputation," (daiya mozzarella 'cheese' with mushrooms, onions, and black olives), as well as the "Spiral Tap" (carmelized onions spread, house marinara sauce and nutritional yeast). Both were really tasty, espiecally the Spiral Tap, which was excellent considering the sparse toppings. Both slices were 7$, definitely a bargain considering the huge slices and being vegan. Parking is a bit hard to find, but totally worth it. The setting is cool, the people are nice, if you're in Portland, come here!

Pros: Good vegan pizza, Cool setting

Cons: Parking hard to find

Tasty Vegan Pizza! - Edit

I usually don't frequent places that have vegan but serve meat (just a personal preference), but will definitely be going back here. Easy to find off the freeway, lots of different options. Their pizzas are huge, but when I went they had at least two vegan options in the case where you can buy a huge slice, or a half-slice. A slice with Daiya runs about $4.00 but is big, they heat it up New York Style, basically just reheating in the oven, but it tastes so good. They also sell full pizzas, the price might get you ($5.00 to add Daiya Cheese) but the pizza really is big. Definitely a fun place to people watch too. I recommend it!

Pros: Vegan Options, Use separate cutters, Fun to people watch

Cons: Expensive

So good we went back twice - Edit

I'm a veggie and I went here with my vegan husband on a trip to Portland. They sell whole pies, but also slices, and they have vegan, veggie and meaty slices available all day.
We were both very impressed with the quality of the slices. Even though they are basically just warmed up, they tasted made to order. My husband got a simple vegan cheeseless slice, which was tasty. But he also got a vegan slice with soyrizo, red onion and tofu scramble as a sort of "cheese". It was amazing, even from my perspective as a non-lover of vegan cheese. I had a white pizza with truffle oil that was outstanding. We couldn't stop thinking about it, and went back the next day before we left town. Food was equally as good the second time around (The vegan slice was daiya with veggie pepperoni and mushrooms, veggie was olives and mushrooms). All slices are $3-$4 and are very large.
In addition, they serve a wide selection of reasonably priced beers, both mainstream and micro brew. Casual seating with an outdoor patio out back. Great indie rock on the jukebox. Friendly staff. Definitely worth a visit.

Pros: vegan/veggie options, quality, price

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sizzle Pie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3153 times since Jan 2011.