First Review by Amy1274

A cozy Igloo feel - Edit

This restaurant was incredible! My companion and I were traipsing along and totally bedazzled that there would be such a GEM way up in Tromso. If only there were joints like this in Texas. The atmosphere was completely laid back and the food fresh, delicious. Walked in hungry and cold. Left happy, joyous and warm. Wish I could go back right now. Myabe some day. Highly highly recommend. P.S. Yes, the owner is the everything of this place..from bartendress, to chef, to server, to decorator....you get the picture - so be patient...it is worth it.

Pros: Delicious, Cozy, Reasonably Priced

Cosiness and dedication - Edit

The staff in this place is truly kind and motivated. The food they offer depends from day to day and thus it makes it nice to come back more than once! Prices are quite low for Norwegian standards.

Pros: Nice staff, Different meals, Good price

Cons: Small portions

Yummy vegan food - Edit

This is a great place to go to. Only 3 items on the menu and are made fresh. We had the burrito wrap and it was delicious. Check timings before you go.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice Vibe, Excellent food

Cons: Can be hard to find

Great place! - Edit

We were worried that it would be hard to find food in Tromso, and then happened upon Sivertsens Kafe.

The food is great, and the atmosphere totally relaxed. we ate there for 3 days running and tried a few different beers. I would definitely recommend the cafe.

The opening times are more set these days (we asked the team when they are open, 3-late for the days we were there)

Cozy atmosphere and great food - Edit

It is not the cheapest (even compared with Norwegian standards) place but a nice place with a cozy and familiar atmosphere. The food is also very good and all dishes including the cake was vegan.
When we went there, the owner had to options on the menu. Soup with home made bread and lasagne with salad and bread. We both had the lasagne an it was really good. Everything was hot and fresh. (Also the bread was still warm)
The amount of food was okay, could be a little bit more for the price.
After the lasagne I had coffee and (vegan) chocolate cake. Also a good and fresh taste with a lot of chocolate and coconut cream.

The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. Seems to be it is the living room of the alternative scene of Tromso. The location and the interior suits perfect to the (regular) guests but nothing is grubby. They also offer a good range of beer and free water.

So 4 of 5 cows, if the would add maybe one more dish on the menu and reduce their prices of the food a little bit.

Pros: Fresh food, friendly staff, Atmosphere

Cons: Price

Be careful of changing opening hours... - Edit

I've not eaten here yet but I've stopped by to look at the menu and suss out prices...it's approx. 125NOK/14 Euros for a main (which is why it'll be a special treat for us!) and there are two or three dishes available each day. All food is vegan, though dairy milk is available for drinks, the atmosphere appeared warm and welcoming and the staff very friendly.

Just be careful of the opening hours, as the first time I went to ask about booking a table (this isn't needed), I found the door open, lights on, but nobody there, despite it being within the times listed above. I waited for over five minutes before leaving. The second time, I arrived at six pm to find a staff member opening up, and was told the cafe is open from Wednesdays to Sundays, from six (different to the times in the listing). So if you are only in Tromso briefly, maybe it's a good idea to call ahead and confirm times, to avoid disappointment.

Hopefully I'll be back with a food review soon!

Pros: location, atmosphere

Cons: price

Return to Tromso Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sivertsens Kafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2998 times since May 2008.