Sitara Indian Cuisine

Contact 765-288-8688

1606 W McGalliard Rd, Muncie, Indiana, USA, 47304

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food restaurant in a more modern atmosphere. Sep 2016 reported limited vegan options, and no non-dairy milk - please send updates. Tue-Sat 11:30am-2:30pm, Tue-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:30pm

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Chelsarrr

Great Find! - Edit

Went here for dinner a week or so ago - didn't feel like driving to Indy. The decor was inviting and most of the tables were full. We were seated promptly, although it took a little while for our server to stop by. As it turns out, we only saw two servers (seemingly the owners) and a busboy working the front of the house. But once we ordered, drinks and appetizers didn't take too long. The vegetable pakora was delicious. The samosas were not bad (not my favorite, but ordered for the table). Chai and lassis were good. Garlic naan was really good.

The bhindi masala was wonderful. I love okra and this was a treat to find. I ordered it spicy and it was smokin' hot - better than I hoped for (tough to get any place to serve you Indian guy hot in Indiana)! Still think they held back a bit though.

One other in the group got medium spice in dish and was about all she could take (doesn't like the heat like I do). Those ordering mild were pleased. Portion sizes were good - all had some to take home. Everyone reported a good meal (confirmed by my sampling...and yes, I asked before sneaking a bite)

Gulab jamun for dessert was some of the better I've had, and a great way to top of the meal. The previous reviewer mentioned no dessert - many that was a long time ago or something with the buffet?

We will definitely go back! Good food - good vibe. Decent prices. Easier drive for an Indian food fix than into Indianapolis metro area. If you are in Muncie - it's worth stopping by!

Pros: Tasty food!!, Spiced well (for Indiana), Fun decor - friendly staff

Cons: Limited Vegan entrees, many Vegetarian, Need more wait staff

Only Indian in Town - Edit

I love Indian cuisine. This place is not the greatest, but I'm always able to satisfy my craving. The menu has many vegetarian options that everyone's tried before and 2 or 3 marked vegan items.

Pros: Indian...nuff said, Buffet includes several vegan options, Close to home

Cons: Not many vegan options, Owner doesn't allow servers to keep tips, No dessert

Return to Muncie Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sitara Indian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 891 times since Mar 2011.