CLOSED: Sing Blackbird

• Veg-friendly

Contact 030-54845051

Sanderstrasse 11 (at Friedelstrasse), Berlin, Germany, 12047

Serves meat, vegan options available. Previously all veg but now serving meat. The bunny breakfast is vegan and comes with tofu scramble with veggies, pan roasted potatoes, two pancakes topped with apples, guacamole, tapenade, vegan bread, fruit and salad. The hungry Karl is vegan and comes with 4 pancakes topped with warm apples, maple syrup and fruit. The mess bowl is vegan with tofu scramble with veggies, pan roasted potatoes, cilantro, salsa, guacamole and salad, vegan bread. The pumpkin quiche is ovo/lacto-vegetarian and comes with veggies with spring onions, gorgonzola, fruit & salad. Food for weekend breakfast is vegan as well as some cakes. Has Wi-Fi. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, Southwest American, Non-veg

First Review by Ida Maria

Unfortunately not veg anymore - Edit

I went in there expecting it to be veg, but apparently they were told that the veg food was top smelly and the neighbours complained, so the local council health inspectors told them they can only sell meat, can you believe these morons letting people sell stinking rotting corpses of dead chickens and kebabs all over the neighbourhood and these poor souls can't sell a little bit of vegan food. WTF is going on, this is totally crazy. I'm sure these inspectors would have been Secret Stasi officers before the wall was torn down.

Pros: Good vibe

Cons: Not veg

Cute place - Edit

We came there on a monday lunch and got a tempeh bowl and a tofu bowl .

The waitress was really kind but hard to understand how on 13h , she announced us that she was out of salad . There were only two other people in the shop and it wasn t looking like if there had been a crazy rush before us .

Anyway , we enjoyed the place deco durung the time she went in the kitchen to prepare our lunch .
We were served ( in ikea first price plates ) tempeh . some carrots and some potatoes .
The lunch was good but nothing we couldn t have done at home and the quantity , quality and the taste weren t for us worth it for 6 euros each .

Disappointed we didn t taste any cakes .
Maybe we will come back for a brunch one day .

Pros: Cute place , friendly staff

Cons: not so tasty, expensive, bad organisation of stock

Yummy tempeh bowl - Edit

This place was lovely and so was the waitress. I had the Tempeh Bowl for lunch. They also have a tofu bowl, pancakes and vegan cakes. The lunch was 6euro and 2euro for a hot chocolate that was nice albeit a little small. It is also a vintage clothing store, but has mainly womens clothing. Nice music playing too. I recommend it. The food was really delicious and well presented.

Pros: Nice food, Lovely aesthetic, Relaxed atmosphere

Cons: Hot choc serving was small

it was cool... - Edit

my wife and I stopped by here one morning to try the vegan brunch. It was tasty, not mind blowing, but a good solid brunch. I got the vegan mess bowl and left full. Their coffee is tasty as well. We didn't need a reservation as we were the first people to show up that morning, but the shop is small and seating is limited so I could see that being a potential problem. For an added bonus, the ice cream shop around the corner has vegan flavors as well...

Pros: Outdoor seating, Tasty, Friendly Staff

Great vegan breakfast on weekends - Edit

By accident we stumbled upon this small but super cozy cafe/second-hand shop in Berlin. Tried the vegan breakfast for two and it was super delicious! Pancakes and other hot food (tofu scramble, potatoes etc), fresh fruit and nice hot bevarages. Staff very friendly and good music. Best breakfast in Berlin!

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sing Blackbird closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 301 times since Dec 2010.