First Review by sparkyflute

FAVORITE SPOT! - Edit

Almost everything is unbelievably good at Sinfull Bakery. Out of the stuff I've tried before, below are my favorite, must have items every time I make it to the urban harvest farmer's market or their Friday sale from Webster street location.

1- Pumpkin Kolaches (to die for!)
2- Cinnamon Rolls (to die for!)
3- Chocolate Chip Cookies (the non gluten free version is best when it comes to these)
4- Vegetable Pot Pie (I could literally live off of this meal alone. It is SOOOOO good!!!)
5- Pumpkin & Cream Cheese Loaf (it's really good, but wasn't AS good as I'd hope it would be. Would definitely choose the pumpkin kolaches first if I had to choose just one)
6- Everything Bar (tastes like an extra good, soft Nature Valley Bar)

ALL of their items are vegan, but many do contain wheat & soy so be conscious of the labels if you are sensitive to either one of those. I am more often then not soy free and gluten free, but every now and then I'll have something with soy or gluten in moderation. Not the end of the world although I prefer to avoid if at all possible. The veggie pot pie has no soy or gluten so that's a plus!

Verdict: Sinfull Bakery is definitely worth the splurge any day of the week!! Also, everyone I've met who works there is super friendly. Love that they are not planning on opening a flagship store right away and will remain a wholesale company as well as selling their items at the local restaurants, store, and farmers markets. Two thumbs up!

Pros: Vegan Bakery, Excellent Pastries, Local Company

Cons: No flagship store may be a con for some

I have my favorites :) - Edit

Sinfull is sold at many places around town: Rice University coffeeshop, Agora coffeehouse, EastSide Urban Market.

Favorites: gigantic cinnamon rolls, cookies, and veggie pot pie.
Pretty good: kolaches, and everything bar
Didn't like: pumpkin and cream cheese loaf

...can't win 'em all but Sinfull has enough to keep me very satisfied! It is one of the few places that offers vegan baking in Houston, so it's worth checking them out!

Pros: Gigantic cinnamon rolls, Chewy cookies

Cons: Not a storefront

Everything bar is great! - Edit

Have had a few items from this bakery. Seems like the items are a bit hit-or-miss. The Everything Bar is far and away my favorite.

My main issue here is that the nutritional information may be suspect. Last time I spoke with an employee, I noticed that the nutrition labels were extremely varied for two similar products. I asked the employee about it and he said that the labels had pretty much only been added for legal purposes and that he didn't know what the actual serving sizes were or their caloric make-ups were. I would like to try more products in the future but situations like this make me a bit wary, as diet and fitness are a huge part of my lifestyle.

Pretty looking treats, but a lot of oil - Edit

Their cinnamon rolls at the farmer's markets are what they are famous for. They do taste good and look very pretty, but they are huge and quite a "gut bomb," because they are full of oil/shortening. It's a nice vegan option, but definitely on the side of "total indulgence" and not for people who prefer lighter desserts.

Pros: pretty, vegan, large cinnamon rolls

Cons: very full of oil

Gourmet vegan bakery - Edit

Sinfull Bakery offers gourmet baked goods that are utterly delicious. My non-vegan friends all say the same thing when I explain the why behind the name (All of the sin, none of the guilt) - "this can't be vegan! It tastes too good." Like vegan food isn't supposed to taste good? Where did they ever get that notion?
Sinfull Bakery's goods dispel any notion of vegan food being bland or unappealing.
My favorites are the Texas sized cinnamon roll, which I buy weekly and cut into smaller portions so it'll get me thru a few days, and the Veggie Pot Pie - definitely not your grocer's pot pie. It's got this yummy vegan crust, with a nice creamy sauce, and luscious locally sourced vegetables.
They sell at Farmer's Markets around town, and in some coffee shops.
Worth whatever it takes to get the goods into your body.

Pros: excellent, great tasting food, vegan, locally sourced

Cons: no storefront location

The Best Vegan Baked Goods in Houston! - Edit

Sinfull Bakery, headed by the talented Brittany Dylan-Carnes, is the best vegan bakery in Houston! You'll find her tasty creations at Houston area farmers markets and Whole Foods Market locations. You must try the Texas-sized cinnamon rolls, which are large enough to feed 4 people! The pumpkin cream-cheeze bread and banana breads are amazing, as are the oatmeal raisin cookies. Sinfull has many other delicious cookie flavors like peanut butter, chocolate chip, chocolate mint and even a gluten-free line of cookies. Brittany recently introduced vegan kolaches in a variety of flavors and she now has the most amazing vegan pot pies! Her new pot pies are big enough to feed 2+ people -- made with organic, local produce with decorative pastry leaves. I've never seen a prettier pot pie! I hope Sinfull Bakery will some day have a storefront, but it's worth going in to the farmers markets and/or special ordering. Sinfull is the place to get your vegan sweets!!! Friendly staff and great value for the portion sizes.

Pros: portion size, flavor and taste, friendly

Best Cinnamon Rolls - Edit

I found their baked goods at the Farmer's Market at Eastside an I was hooked. Rolls are large enough to feed a family of 4, perfect combination of sticky goodness and doughy yumminess. Kolaches are also fantastic. Will come back to "sample" their cookies and other goodies.

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sinfull Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2732 times since Jul 2010.