First Review by sparkyflute

Everything bar is great! - Edit

Have had a few items from this bakery. Seems like the items are a bit hit-or-miss. The Everything Bar is far and away my favorite.

My main issue here is that the nutritional information may be suspect. Last time I spoke with an employee, I noticed that the nutrition labels were extremely varied for two similar products. I asked the employee about it and he said that the labels had pretty much only been added for legal purposes and that he didn't know what the actual serving sizes were or their caloric make-ups were. I would like to try more products in the future but situations like this make me a bit wary, as diet and fitness are a huge part of my lifestyle.

Pretty looking treats, but a lot of oil - Edit

Their cinnamon rolls at the farmer's markets are what they are famous for. They do taste good and look very pretty, but they are huge and quite a "gut bomb," because they are full of oil/shortening. It's a nice vegan option, but definitely on the side of "total indulgence" and not for people who prefer lighter desserts.

Pros: pretty, vegan, large cinnamon rolls

Cons: very full of oil

Gourmet vegan bakery - Edit

Sinfull Bakery offers gourmet baked goods that are utterly delicious. My non-vegan friends all say the same thing when I explain the why behind the name (All of the sin, none of the guilt) - "this can't be vegan! It tastes too good." Like vegan food isn't supposed to taste good? Where did they ever get that notion?
Sinfull Bakery's goods dispel any notion of vegan food being bland or unappealing.
My favorites are the Texas sized cinnamon roll, which I buy weekly and cut into smaller portions so it'll get me thru a few days, and the Veggie Pot Pie - definitely not your grocer's pot pie. It's got this yummy vegan crust, with a nice creamy sauce, and luscious locally sourced vegetables.
They sell at Farmer's Markets around town, and in some coffee shops.
Worth whatever it takes to get the goods into your body.

Pros: excellent, great tasting food, vegan, locally sourced

Cons: no storefront location

The Best Vegan Baked Goods in Houston! - Edit

Sinfull Bakery, headed by the talented Brittany Dylan-Carnes, is the best vegan bakery in Houston! You'll find her tasty creations at Houston area farmers markets and Whole Foods Market locations. You must try the Texas-sized cinnamon rolls, which are large enough to feed 4 people! The pumpkin cream-cheeze bread and banana breads are amazing, as are the oatmeal raisin cookies. Sinfull has many other delicious cookie flavors like peanut butter, chocolate chip, chocolate mint and even a gluten-free line of cookies. Brittany recently introduced vegan kolaches in a variety of flavors and she now has the most amazing vegan pot pies! Her new pot pies are big enough to feed 2+ people -- made with organic, local produce with decorative pastry leaves. I've never seen a prettier pot pie! I hope Sinfull Bakery will some day have a storefront, but it's worth going in to the farmers markets and/or special ordering. Sinfull is the place to get your vegan sweets!!! Friendly staff and great value for the portion sizes.

Pros: portion size, flavor and taste, friendly

Best Cinnamon Rolls - Edit

I found their baked goods at the Farmer's Market at Eastside an I was hooked. Rolls are large enough to feed a family of 4, perfect combination of sticky goodness and doughy yumminess. Kolaches are also fantastic. Will come back to "sample" their cookies and other goodies.

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sinfull Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2556 times since Jul 2010.